1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sharable Publish Online Dashboard

I would like multiple users to be able to update on a single dashboard. We like the idea of being able to update an existing link instead of replacing it which can be a lot more work. Currently, if we link a published file to our website and only one person can update it that's a problem, for obvious reasons. The single file might be linked in multiple places and turn into a tedious workload.

I'm wishing for an upgrade for InDesign to do this and make this tool even more powerful, it will be awesome!!

Art

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the document in online publishing searchable.

Make the document in online publishing searchable by using Control F

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ideas to improve PublishOnline document navigation

I often get reports back from clients and users that 'there is only one page in that online link you sent'. I figure if I get a report back like this, there must be a fair few more who experience this but don't report back...

Viewing a PDF document online via a UI like this is not a common experience for many user types. To improve their experience I propose:

– An option to always show the page thumbnail selector.
    – Larger, more prominent page left and right arrows.
    – Option to advance through pages on scroll down (or view…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Publish Online Dashboard access via Adobe Account

It would be nice if you could access the Publish Online Dashboard via your Adobe Account online. Currently, you have to open InDesign and then navigate to the dashboard that way, but if you are already in an internet browser and logged into your Adobe Account, there should be a way to get to the dashboard.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide the ability to hide specific pages in Publish Online

First off, this whole issue revolves around the fact that there are left and right navigation arrows built within the Publish Online interface.

In the document I'm currently making, I am using my own custom navigation arrows within my document. I have set these arrows to skip over certain pages because they will be accessing them through other buttons (in short, these navigation arrows I've created won't be leading them in a linear fashion through the document.

These work fine, but the only issue is the OTHER arrows that are actually a part of Publish Online's interface. These cycle straight…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow background colour change when documents are published to publish online.

Allow background colour change when documents are published to publish online, so when they are embedded on external sites they don't just sit on an awkward black background.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Anti-Alias Intent to text for graphic export

As web publishing has been an important part of InDesign since 5.5, it would be extremely helpful if anti-alias intent could be determined, either at a paragraph level or on output. Both Photoshop and Illustrator have this feature, and without it, export jpeg and png for web use is not up to publishing quality.

Relatedly, when an image is placed in a document at a scale other than 100%, it would be helpful if the downsampling/upsampling intent could similarly be chosen by the user.

Currently, the only way to produce publishable web materials from InDesign is to export a lossless…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stronger analytics on Publish Online docs

Hi there Adobe, it'd be great if you could beef up the analytics for Publish Online, such that I can understand where my readers are clicking (jumping between pages), how long they're spending on each page and if they are clicking links out to other sites/documents that are linked in the doc. I'd like to understand which parts of the (quite large) docs I publish are most valuable to my readers. Thanks!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Transparency is too fragile in Publish Online

I created some text overlays (saying "PROOF") as objects with no background fill, then set the objects to 30% transparency.

On publishing online, InDesign fills them with white, and some of the time also fails to produce the text.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Private links for Publish online documents

We need to use publish online for reviews. So the link created needs to be private so only the intended viewer / reviewer can have access to the document or only people that receive invitation.

Is there any other way to share publications for review through cloud where links will be private and viewed only by their intended recipients? Sharing PDF through Acrobat has the same limitation in link sharing.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Publish Online: Comment Mode NEEDED! :)

I think in order to compete with the other tools out there, CC needs to add Comment Mode into their Publish Online feature. That way we can share documents with clients and partners and have them provide feedback right there. Please think about doing this, and soon :)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. List path of InDesign document used to publish

I can't tell you how many times I've done back to a published document, want to update, and can't figure out which document was used to publish it. Some record in the dashboard, even a static record, would be useful.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Button for "Approve Artwork"

For the "Share For Review" feature, it would be extremely helpful to have an "Approve" button and possibly an "Approve with changes" and "Send new proof with changes" button. Having these have options we can toggle would be great as well.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Pasword protection for interactive publish online files.

we want to publish interactive report with sensitive information, would be good to have this feature

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. publish online full screen support on iPads

Hi,
    i am using the great "Publish Online" feature on several documents.
    My docs are ok everywhere...

Except full screen browsing :

• working perfectly on desktop browsers, when clicked on the icon in the inferior bar.
    • working perfectly on iPhone (recent os) when switched in landscape mode.

• not working on iPad (recent os, iPad 2, iPad Air and iPad Pro), none of the gesture will work, and none of the browsers neither…
    I've tried Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera.

Impossible to obtain a full screen viewing, which is really required for a presentation. The upper bar will remain…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Expand PublishOnline Analytics

I absolutely love PublishOnline. Is there a plan anytime soon to add to the analytics capabilities with Adobe PublishOnline anytime soon? The features on the dashboard for all published documents are great, but it would be even better to have those same analytics broken down by document - not just views and readers. I'd like to know how much time is spent, for instance, in a newsletter I've published vs. a catalog or flyer. And it would be great to know which documents tend to be read more on tablets vs desktop, rather than all of them as a whole.…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. play video without controls

Please make it possible to hide the controls of a video clip - so its working in Publish online (right now its only working in PDF exports.

With this we could make amazing publish documents with integrated video backdrops of skys, fires or rain.. With all the NON VIDEO CONTROL goodness.

What im trying to say is video without controls can do magical things (like we could back in the good days of ... Flash.. the good days right... :)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Password protection

Protect the presentations on PublishOnline with a password. Within a company it's often required to send password-protected presentations.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Personalise the random part of the Publish Online URL.

Be able to personalise the document link portion of the 'Publish Online' URLs so that the randomised URL can be written to be readable and memorable and appear more personalised and professional to the user and client.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base