1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. text reflow

When a document is really long (say 1000 pages) any new page break earlier in the document makes the document slow down as it clunks through the rest of the document. Is there a way to temporarily halt document reflows?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto-activate adobe fonts in book panel

It would be helpful if InDesign could auto-activate any Adobe Fonts used in individual documents when adding them to a book file in the Book Panel.

Currently InDesign displays a message warning about missing fonts/reflow etc and the only way to activate the fonts is to open each document in turn and go through the activation process separately for every document.

It would be helpful to have the option to have InDesign activate any of these missing fonts that are available on Adobe Fonts automatically when a document is added, or as a book-wide feature like syncing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Glyphs reseting

I use "Find/Change > Glyph" to replace some Bulgarian (BGR)/Russian (RUS) glyphs to Macedonian (MK) ones. But, when I ALT click on a altered paragraph style (with + sign next to it) which contains the MK glyphs -- they are reseted to BGR/RUS glyphs.
    Please, fix it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Editable hyperlinks in imported .icml files

Please let us edit hyperlinks in an imported .icml. We can edit paragraph/character styles as we wish since they are not counted as content. But the same applies for hyperlinks, or at least anchor text/pages hyperlinks.

As of now whenever you import an .icml with an anchor text hyperlink the destination disappears.
    Incopy is useful also for people that update multiple documents where only small parts of text differ while the rest is the same, but must be update anyway so you end up only editing one of the very long files instead of 15 and you're sure that you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Drop down menu mixed with replace feature for contacts/agreements

Inside of InDesign, I'd love a way to use the drop down menu feature that when you select an option inside of there it replaces that word with the newly selected word throughout a document. This would be great for contract/agreements, or any long documents.

For example the drop down menu could have "marketer", "consultant", "freelancer", etc. Then depending on which item you selected it would replace that word inside the document entirely!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When updating the cross-references in a book, InDesign crashes if it finds an unresolved cross reference

It would be helpful if, instead of crashing, InDesign would just let me know that there's a problem instead of crashing for no apparent reason!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Page number more accessible

Could you add a button to the Pages panel to insert the page number? It's the logical place for new users to look.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Remove [All paragraph] from Cross-Reference

After the update Indesign to the latest version, there is an option for [All Paragraph] when creating a new cross-reference. This has led to a very slow performance when it tries to load all paragraph by default.

The alternative is having a "unchecked" option for user, perhaps?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. There is no reference images regarding technical field. I want to add some of these images. let me know your reply..

There is no reference images regarding technical field. I want to add some of these images. let me know your reply on my given email id,
    my id : thephrakesh@gmail.com

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base