1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use Mobile Device to Show Palettes

I posted this in the wrong place (XD). Sorry if I seem to be putting this on blast.
    I've been hoping for this for a long time, and I hope others agree.

A feature that would increase my workflow in a major way is this:

Is there a way you could create the ability to use a mobile device to display actionable palettes?

I use a two display setup on my desktop. When I travel I have to use my laptop which means I can't have very many palettes available without using up my project workspace on screen.

What if…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Come on guys!!!!!! Most of your applications on Mac are horrible when it comes to multiple screens. PLEASE FIX THIS SH1T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think you get the point even though it has been said before.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Don't open menu after pressing Alt for zoom

Pressing Alt on Windows brings focus to the top menu and pressing a following letter is interpreted as an access key, opening a menu. This in itself is good for accessibility and productivity.

However, in InDesign Alt is also pressed to zoom with the scroll view. I very often press W to toggle preview mode and very, very often press Alt to zoom. Several times an hour the Window menu flies open due to me pressing W after Alt has been pressed.

I suggest scrolling should move focus away from the top menu. This allows you to still use Alt…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Don't ask to save a [Converted] document if I haven't made any changes to it

There are so many updates to InDesign these days and I have so many files it's guaranteed that most of my files will now be in the "previous" version so I get them all opening as "[Converted]". Most of the time I just open them to refer to things, so it's annoying when you close it and it asks you if you want to save it even though you haven't done anything.

Like any other document, ID should know if you've made any changes. If you haven't, it should just close the document without prompting you to save it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Dual Screen Modal Support

Dual Screen Modal Support.

It's frustrating that apps that are so frequently updated miss the blindingly obvious.

How about real dual screen support for your modal UI.

This is the case across Photoshop and Indesign (most likely, several other products).

In this screen capture - the cursor is selected on 'tint' on a second monitor (right hand side) slide lever is on a different monitor, on the left.

Pretty frustrating, what's the point of having dual monitors, if your software doesn't support such a basic fundamental.

Regards, Paul.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please, make the Indesign Editor side-scrollable using the Laptop Touchpad on Windows 10

The current Indesign Editor can be scrolled vertically, but it does not allow horizontal scrolling using the Laptop Touchpad on Windows 10.

It would be good feature to have.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enough blue, pop-up bubbles — It’s interruption and torture.

What’s much more useful is a tour of new features in each release. This could be standalone / outside the app. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Zoom box in Pages Window

I would like to see in CC InDesign the ability to see where you're zoomed in at in your pages window. Also, I'd like to be able to click and hold onto the highlight zoomed in the area on the pages window and move it to update the preview when I let go of the highlighted zoom box.

This would be helpful for us users that create large catalogs and would like to quickly JUMP-TO a portion of a page. With large catalog files, the program can get sluggish/slow. When the user has to scroll through a bunch of pages…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Recent Pane improvements

I would like to suggest some improvements for the "Recent" pane across all Adobe programs.

• Right click the preview thumbnail, and have the option to select "Reveal in explorer"

• When having one or more files open, be able to return to view this "Recent" pane (in a tab perhaps)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Open multiple files from the 'Open Recent' thumbnails page would really help speed up getting back into work flow

From the 'Open Recent' screen, the ability to open multiple documents without having to go into the open dialogue would be great.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. beeing able to save document bounds (document preferences)

I have this problem, that my workspace layout has pallettes docked to the right screenside. With multiple document windows set to non tabbed (see screenshot; red area), the initial opened window will extend under my pallettes (green area), making it impossible to see the scroll bar. Also the document page isnt centered (blue area), and objects on the pasteboard are dissapearing out of sight under my palettes (yellow area).

I have this covered by a start-up script with an event-listener 'afterOpen': app.layoutWindows[0].bounds = [81, 40, 1357, 1762];

But i'd like to see this as an option.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Put the Tab panel in the Text and Table section of the Window menu

The good old Tabs are still standing strong, and they can still do stuff Tables and Character or Paragraph settings can't, like tab leader dots, align on specific characters, fill to right tabs, etc.

But users are always looking for it under the Text and Table section in the Windows menu. I know, it might technically not behave completely like a regular window/panel. But it looks like a window, it moves like a window, so to most people it's a window...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Put the Stroke Styles in the Styles section of the Windows menu

It's so simple, and so obvious.
    No one knows there are Stroke Styles (and brilliant ones) until some one tells them to look under the side menu of the Stroke window...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hierarchical styles in panels

Design the styles panels to show "based on" hierarchically. This way, we can trace back unused styles to their sources. I use a script to find "based on" for paragraph styles, but it would be better to visualize it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. specify which document contains errors

if you have to open more then one indd file, and some of this files have missing or modify links you get just this simple message. But you dont know which document contains missing links. and if i will open 10 files at once, a have go thru all this files to find out which file have missing links. I know i can use book and run preflight, but that is to much of work :)

Can you just add name of the file in to this message box? Like picture 03?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Home icon is a pain

Very often when I need to click on the File menu I clicking on the Home icon instead, which is useless for me and I'm going to the Home screen on InDesign instead of making the routine operations in File menu.

Can you move that Home icon somewhere else? For instance, can you move it after the Help menu or can you allow to change its position in Settings?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make Indesign UI bigger

People have been complaining for years about Indesign's hard to see UI and the inability to make adequate changes. Why is it 2020, and this issue is still unresolved? I shouldn't have to change my Windows UI to make it better, which by the way it doesn't. Attached pic of my display at the recommend UI setting of 250% on a 15 inch screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make Indesign UI bigger

People have been complaining for years about Indesign's hard to see UI and the inability to make adequate changes. Why is it 2020, and this issue is still unresolved? I shouldn't have to change my Windows UI to make it better, which by the way it doesn't. Attached pic of my display at the recommend UI setting of 250% on a 15 inch screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add the ability to remove or change the position of the 'home' button in the top left

It would be helpful to be able to move this button as it's so close to 'file' - accidental clicks of it can be irritating. I realize you can use Alt > F to open File, but often a click is easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base