1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a "Pin to Recent" setting for InDesign documents

I have files that I occasionally use that I'd love to access without drilling down on a remote server to find them every time. Being able to pin (or unpin) a document file to the Open Recent list would be a great convenience. This would prevent it from being pushed off the end of the list.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When relinking files, prefer to show entire filename instead of path

When relinking files a dialogue oops up where the relinked file is selected. At the top of the dialogue the path to the file is shown. If there isn't enough space for the entire path, including filename, it is condensed by removing some text in the middle. If there is enough room to show the entire filename that should be shown. The path to the file is not as important as the name of the file, especially when relinking multiple files which are often in the same folder and I am already looking in that folder.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Manage Recent Files List - It's useless if you run a Book operation!

The Recent Files list gets FILLED UP with chapter files if I run a Book operation. All my other projects get pushed off the list, even though all I did was re-paginate a book. This makes the Recents list useless! Please fix this!

The Recent Files list MUST BE MANAGEABLE if it is to be useful. Files get "touched" for very trivial reasons, sometimes just to look at something in the file. This results in an almost random listing of Recents. Please understand how a Recents list can be useful -- don't just blindly list files by "changed date".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow UI Scaling for 4K Resolutions on Windows PCs

I have a 4K 15.6" screen Windows laptop (3840 x 2160) and the menus in InDesign are always ridiculously small. The Windows recommended setting is 250%, but InDesign only supports up to 200%, which is too small for 4K screens, making menus, panels, and tools too small. Please change this support to AT LEAST up to the Windows standard of 250%, if not more.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Panel resizing when bottom of panel isn't visible

When working on a laptop and switching from external monitor to built-in display, I have less vertical pixel space. As a result, floating panels that were full-length on the external monitor are now too long for the laptop display. Unfortunately, there is no way to resize a floating panel when the bottom of a panel isn't visible.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Removal/editing of the dumb "When in doubt, make a layout" line.

God, that's such a stupid thing to see every time I open InDesign. How about a checkbox for "Hide greeting message"?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Feature request] Please add "Page Flip" to presentation mode

Please add a "Page Flip" feature to the presentation mode in Adobe indesign. Something like this: https://pageflip-books.com/#meetpageflip/page/4-5 ...

Adding the ability to turn/flip pages in a multipage document, it will enhance the user experience. When clients are seated next to the designer, it will also improve customer satisfaction.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Align to page when only one object is selected

It would be helpful if the align command defaulted to align to page when only one object is selected. There is no risk of confusion as an object cannot be aligned with itself :)

This would remove a lot of unnecessary switching back and forth in the align options, as the default use case at least for me is align to selection.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please add »Units and Increments« to the Properties Panel

Often used and changed preferences in InDesign are the one found in »Units and Increments«. It would be a great workflow enhancement to have this as a part of the new Properties Panel if nothing is selected.

This would save users the time to go into the Preferences if they want to change them. Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Custom Commands with Custom Shortcuts to Keyboard Shortcuts Menu

There are certain actions that I'd like to create shortcuts for, but the commands for them aren't listed in the Keyboard Shortcut Menus. For example, setting a keyboard shortcut for the various aligning objects. Aligning text is an option, though. Not what I need.

Everyone's workflow is different. There are commands that I'll just never use. So, freeing up individuals with the ability to create custom commands, which can be suited to their unique workflow would immensely help individual/company productivity. Custom workspaces exist, custom keyboard shortcut sets exist, let's have custom commands too!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Workspace Default Setting

Every time I open inDesign, it resets to the "Essentials" workspace, and I have to select my saved workspace. It would be nice to be able to set a Default Workspace so it will open every time in the one I need.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Simplify hyperlink process

I've been using Indesign for over a decade but still can't fully understand the hyperlinking process. For example, what is the difference between New hyperlink destination and New hyperlink? (I've read about the difference but still find it kludgy.) What couldn't the process be as simple as when defining a paragraph/character/object style sheet in ID? Why can't I add simple page links to text (sometimes it works, other times it doesn't). Why does the hyperlink panel only provide a URL shortcut and not a simple Go to page #? And why can't I rename previously used hyperlinks by simply double…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Colour picker can't interperet hex values preceded by a hash

If a hexadecimal value is pasted into the hex field in the colour picker with a hash (#) on the front of the value, the picker should be able to ingest it. Currently the hash must be manually removed before the picker will update.

Very minor but very annoying when copying values from other software that includes the hash.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. highlight filename by replacing link

when i replace a link, it appears a finder/explorer window of current folder of the current link, but the file IS NOT HIGHLIGHTED! why? it's the most terrible bug! i can remember it worked well until cs5.5 or 4.0!

when i need to replace the link, i need to find it in the folder at the first sight.

thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. pop-up change page of a linked pdf/indd file

please add simple pop-up option (like object layers) to change the showing page of a link (which is either pdf or indesign file). when my link is for example a pdf containing multiple pages, it's unnecessarily complicated to change the showing page to some another.
    so please – right click > pop-up window > change page of link

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improving footnote dialog

My proposal is to enable the ID program has more than one group of footnotes, or precisely two groups, with unique numbering each. The first which is being put under the text or at the end of a chapter, the ordinary ones. This as all know for referring or explaining the text.
    The second is to be on the outer side margin of a page and out of the text block limits, to mension the diffirences of original manuscripts of the old and complex books, encyclopedias linked captions, or special explaining or commencing, I mean for more specialized use.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Workspace – Why can't Workspace preferences be applied to all devices?

I currently use three (sometimes 4) Apple Macs in various locations around the country as I move from office to office. I understand the constraints re logging computers in and out of my account (no problem there), but why can't my Workspace preferences be shared amongst the computers? After all Adobe know who I am, they know what computer I'm using, they've loaded my CC libraries, surely applying my Workspace preferences to all of my devices by default, can't be that difficult?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Use Mobile Device to Show Palettes

I posted this in the wrong place (XD). Sorry if I seem to be putting this on blast.
    I've been hoping for this for a long time, and I hope others agree.

A feature that would increase my workflow in a major way is this:

Is there a way you could create the ability to use a mobile device to display actionable palettes?

I use a two display setup on my desktop. When I travel I have to use my laptop which means I can't have very many palettes available without using up my project workspace on screen.

What if…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Come on guys!!!!!! Most of your applications on Mac are horrible when it comes to multiple screens. PLEASE FIX THIS SH1T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think you get the point even though it has been said before.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Don't open menu after pressing Alt for zoom

Pressing Alt on Windows brings focus to the top menu and pressing a following letter is interpreted as an access key, opening a menu. This in itself is good for accessibility and productivity.

However, in InDesign Alt is also pressed to zoom with the scroll view. I very often press W to toggle preview mode and very, very often press Alt to zoom. Several times an hour the Window menu flies open due to me pressing W after Alt has been pressed.

I suggest scrolling should move focus away from the top menu. This allows you to still use Alt…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base