Update the new New Document dialog box
- Add the ability to removed saved and recent presets easily—individually and collectively
- Add a preview checkbox (so new users can see the page they are building as in the legacy New Document dialog box)
- Update the way you save a new preset—right now there is a box to type in a new name, but when you click on the Save icon you have to type the name in again.
Please also make the width and height fields next to each other so when tabbing to get from one field to the next the order is not
I've lost count of the amount of times I've entered a width, hit tab and entered a height only to realise I've highlighted the units dropdown!
If anyone in the Illustrator or Photoshop Depts are watching - this comment goes for you too.
And please, remove the silly "When in doubt, make a layout." comment wasting space at the top of the window. Maybe it was cute for the first 450 views, but it's getting old and will soon be just annoying.
Benny Meincke Rasmussen commented
Sherry Baker commented
4. Add a toggle for simple LIST view. The current layout simply takes up too much window real estate and can't even be sorted by name in alpha order. Trying to find a preset is time consuming.
5. Presets should be saved like all the other presets and libraries so we can choose where they are archived and can import them as needed. This would make it much easier to SHARE settings with other designers.
6. Ability to create new categories other than Saved, Print, Web, Mobile. We would like to be able to organize our own presets.
I would add:
-Ability to select several presets to create several documents at the same time without having to re-enter the new document window, and
-Ability to save the Presets file and/or share it with other team members
Sean Percy commented
Yes, all this. Plus make the + on the saved section be sticky, so I don't have to flip it down EVERY TIME!
Anne-Marie Concepcion commented