2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

154 results found

1. Floating sticky notes

Floating sticky notes that I can make myself, for example "Photos completed" "Text revised" "Needs consult" etc. that can be grabbed and stuck to pages, especially for long documents and that remain visible/accessible on every page.I want something I can just grab and stick, grab and stick, etc. rather than create/type a unique note for each page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Different footnote styles allowed on a single page

The ability to use different styles of footnotes on a single page (asterisk and numbers) used in footnote styling. ESSENTIAL for academic publishing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add more Styles (paragraph and character) to the auto Styles pack

I really loved the new Style Pack feature. I spend a lot of time mapping long documents and the Auto feature helped heaps. I know that it is recent, so I am wondering when we would be allowed to add new Styles to create a more complex hierarchy for the documents. Thank you :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Rearranging Pages

It would be helpful to have a way to view multiple spreads at the same time, like a better "click to split the layout view". First off it would save me a lot of scrolling back and forth trying to see other spreads. This could also be a way to make organizing the pages easier. It's hard to rearrange pages of texts from small thumbnail images in a larger document. If this could incorporate an easier workflow for organizing and numbering pages that would be great, to be able to hide a section of pages. I do use multiple documents…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Convert all Live Captions to Static Captions

I would like the ability to convert all Live Captions to Static Captions. Currently, you can only do one at a time by selecting the caption, and selecting the menu item to convert (or create a hotkey).

When working with a long document with a lot of images, you can't use character styles with Live Captions. But once you convert to static captions, paragraph styles can then call character styles (nested, GREP). If you have a long book or catalog with a lot of images that rely on up-to-date captions, but then require character styles (for example, an image from…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Additional View Options

I would like to be able to view my pages in a grid format, similar to viewing art boards in a grid in Illustrator, for ease of design review across many pages and spreads.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Text + Format comparison between two InDesign files

Hello,

I just want to start eBook creation. I have many different users to write content from manual book. I need files from few users(at least two) to compare them with Text + Format comparison to minimize human errors like spell mistakes, format mistakes etc. I need it as basic feature to me to purchase InDesign as I am really impressed with all other features. But without this comparison feature it is baseless to me. Can you please provide me update is it possible in near future and some solid plans if you are okay.

Or else if you can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. table of content popup

the table of content popup UI needs updating. When working on long docs with many paragraph styles, and many levels of TOC. There's a lot of scrolling involved.

Let us resize the window so we can see more paragraph styles / TOC levels at once.

Or even just copy word's interface, although not great, but it a lot more useable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Container Flow

Each year I revise a 500+ page catalog in InDesign. Each product includes text (on 2 different layers) and an image per product. Each product is separated by a horizontal rule. I'd like a way to group all of these components together per product (possibly in a container of some sort) and have them automatically flow from column to column and page to page.

I will remove products throughout the year which results in blank spaces/gaps. If when I remove a product it would automatically reflow, it would shorten my process significantly. I also add products in throughout the year…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Give an indicator of page's section when creating hyperlink.

When there are multiple page section in the document and each of them has a page number restart again from one, e.g.
    Section 1: Page 1 to Page 10
    Section 2: Page 1 to Page 25...
    and have to create hyperlink, all these page numbers repeat. To find the correct page it is necessary to scroll and check carefully which page with number 3 for example you need to hyperlink (page 3 from Section 1 or page 3 from Section 7...). My proposal is to create short index (maybe the first letters of senction's name) beside the page number in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Go to Page (book-aware version of command)

The Go to Page command only works within a document. The Go to Page in Book command would open up the requested page in the Book file, regardless of whether the document were open at the time or not.

This is a valuable command because when editing long books with many chapters, it is useful to go directly to a page to make a change. It saves having to take your hand off the keyboard to the mouse, open the possibly closed Book panel, find the file that is in the page range, double-click it to open it, and then…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow cross-reference to document not currently open

I am writing a book, in the form on an InDesign Book. It has 18 chapters, each in its own document. Often I want to add a cross-reference link to a paragraph in another document in the book, but the only choices I'm given are to other documents ALREADY open in InDesign. Please let me do that. I do not need to see the other document in order to know that I want to link to it. It clutters up my workspace.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Liquid text fields for forms

Allow for text fields to expand (liquid) within middle of a sentence/paragraph. And be able to retain copy placeholder for forms when exporting to interactive PDFs

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Auto-activate adobe fonts in book panel

It would be helpful if InDesign could auto-activate any Adobe Fonts used in individual documents when adding them to a book file in the Book Panel.

Currently InDesign displays a message warning about missing fonts/reflow etc and the only way to activate the fonts is to open each document in turn and go through the activation process separately for every document.

It would be helpful to have the option to have InDesign activate any of these missing fonts that are available on Adobe Fonts automatically when a document is added, or as a book-wide feature like syncing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Notes in Pages Panel

When working on a large document like a book (particularly if you are designing the book while you are producing it), you are constantly revising parts of the page, then going back to refine it as the design evolves. It would be great if you could mark up the Pages Panel with notes (like PDF markups) in the pasteboard like space around the spread icons. This would allow you to leave yourself or others on a team critical information about what is a placeholder and what should be reconsidered.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change position of Trashcan icon in Index palette

You can create a new index entry at the cursor position by dragging an existing page reference to the Create New Index Entry icon at the bottom of the Index palette. However, that icon is adjacent to the Trash icon, and both are small. It is too easy to drag the existing page reference onto the Trash icon instead, thus deleting (without a warning!) the existing entry instead of creating a new one. Moving the Trash icon to between the Update Preview or Generate Index icons would reduce this risk. Or add some space and/or a vertical line before the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Book files | make list of all files seachable and make groups for better overview

When having a Bookfile with a lot of files in it. It is nearly not possible to find the right files. It would be nice if it would be possible to make any groups and make it searchable to find them easier.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Layer selection when creating Table of Contents

A book having multiple subdocuments in which 3 different languages are used, that each have their own layer, should have a selection of which layer should be addresses when generating the table of contents for it, so that the ToC can also be made in the different languages, per layer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Pages panel for book wiev

I want the pages panel to display the whole book. Sometimes it is very useful to see the transitions between chapters before exporting to PDF. Double click a page and it opens the file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. H&Js

Please add several built-in H&Js that we can preselect and let us create and also let us save our own so that we can reuse them in different styles and different documents.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base