InDesign CS6 Hangs with customized plug-ins
Our company develops InDesign plug-ins as our product. Now we have a hanging problem when dealing with one InDesign document. The problem happens on both Windows and macOS.
According to the log collected on Mac, InDesign CS6 hangs at com.adobe.InDesign.Text. We cannot find a way to fix it so far. This problem stopped us to support our customers.
Could you please have a check why the hanging happens?
We made a simple document to reproduce the problem. The plug-ins inside "InDesign-CS6-Windows-Plugins" are used to make InDesign CS6 open the document without crash.
The detail steps are:
1. On Windows, place "InDesign-CS6-Windows-Plugins" under <Adobe InDesign CS6>/Plug-Ins/
2. Launch Adobe InDesign CS6 and open document CS6.indd
3. Click OK to continue if it prompts for missing plug-ins
4. Navigate to page 1, which contains a large text frame
5. Using Type tool to put cursor inside the begining of the frame
6. Click Ctrl+A to select all contents
7. Try to set the font size (or set font name) on menu bar.
8. InDesign hangs.
The attached zip file contains the plug-ins, indd file and log files.
My email is email@example.com .
Thank you very much,
Based on user comments, marking this as resolved.
Adobe InDesign team
Thank you for your response.
We have opened a support ticket to Adobe Support for this problem. Therefore this case can be closed.
We have released an update for InDesign CC2019 (v 14.0.1) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on 14.0.1 (build 209), then we recommend you to update to latest version.
If you still face this issue even after updating, please submit the crash report to us.
(Guidelines to submit crash are available at helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-re..)
Also, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org :
• Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when InDesign crashed?
• Error snapshot or video recording of the issue.
• Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, can you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us?
• Does trashing InDesign Preferences and Cache help resolve the issue? Please take a backup of the same before trashing them.
Adobe InDesign team
This issue also happens in InDesign CC 2018.