Bug details

Rollover images "stick" in Interactive PDF

Hi, I am working on the document that contains multiple rollovers. All of them "stick" at one point or another, the images will change to "rollover" state but not to the normal state when hovering off. This is very confusing for the end-users. Please see attached pdf. I am using InDesign CC 2018.

6 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andrey Burkovskiy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Justin Vanderheyden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To my knowledge, this has been an issue for AT LEAST 18 MONTHS.

I've been having this same issue, and it doesn't seem to be on Adobe's radar despite the bug reports. I opened my doc in a web browser and the issue did not occur, so it is confirmed the issue is with Adobe Acrobat. Unfortunately using a web browser is a very poor workaround for me since my "Toggle Full Screen" button won't work and my users would need internet to interact with the document.

I've put a lot of time and effort into planning and creating this piece, so it would be great if the rollovers actually worked properly. This is creating obstacles for me and disrupting my users' interactive experience.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here and it is ruining my interactive PDF document - should be such a simple feature of hovering over social icons to reveal a new state, then back to normal when rolling off. However, occasionally the icon sticks in its rollover state. This seems to be when rolling off in certain directions or at certain speeds.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am experiencing this issue as well. It seems to occur when buttons are placed close together. The speed and direction of the roll off appear to determine whether or not the buttons get stuck in the roll over state.

Feedback and Knowledge Base