Bug details

error code: 6

Working off remotely off a server (been doing it this way for years without issue). Today, I tried to open my InDesign file and it only partially loaded (with some linked images missing). Then I get the prompt "Could not complete your request because of a database error. The file "Ebook-3WaysToHoseYourAD-US-GM-32410.indd" is damaged (Error code:6).

What can I do to restore my file?

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Giovanni shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are multiple factors, both internal and external to InDesign application, that can lead to document corruption. However, we can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. Please email your InDesign file to corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com. We will take a look at the document.
If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can zip (and password protect) the file and upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox/Wetransfer/GoogleDrive) and send us the document link.

Adobe InDesign Team

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sanyam Talwar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are multiple factors, both internal and external to InDesign application, that can lead to document corruption. However, we can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. Please email your InDesign file to corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com. We will take a look at the document.
    If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can zip (and password protect) the file and upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox/Wetransfer/GoogleDrive) and send us the document link.

Adobe InDesign Team

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trying to save my file. "Could not complete your request because of a database error. (Error code: 6) The file crashes and recovery fails when attempting to reopen.

Feedback and Knowledge Base