Cursor Direction when typing Arabic or other RTL languages. in Middle Eastern version ONLY.
1. All Middle Eastern versions (English يدعم العربية)
2. Type Arabic text. Place the cursor within text. Hold "Shift" key and click on right arrow key on the keyboard to select/highlight text. Cursor moves left and select next character on the left while clicking on right arrow.
3. To select a character to the left of the cursor, we should hold (Shift+left arrow) To select a character to the right of the cursor, we should hold (Shift+right arrow)
4. What actually is happening now and for over 20 years when we had Adobe PageMaker ME and Adobe Illustrator ME is the opposite cursor behavior to the what we're trying to select. We hold (Shift+right arrow) cursor will move and select text to the left, we hold (Shift+left arrow) cursor will move and select text to the right.
5. see animated GIF on InDesign forums here… https://forums.adobe.com/message/10174226#10174226
Issue is currently under review.
Zaid Al Hilali commented
Abhinav, thanks for marking this issue as "Under Review". We need to include same future fix to Adobe Illustrator ME too.
What is your recommendation in this case to have a fix for both InDesign and Illustrator, should I post same bug report for Illustrator?
@Zaid Al Hilali Thanks for reporting this bug, I hope they'll address it soon.