Bug details

installed font missing

InDesign 13.0.1 on macOS 10.12.6

One installed font from a family of 6 suddenly started showing as not found. Frutiger LT Pro 67 Bold Condensed was correctly showing, now not.

I have re-installed InDesign twice, reinstalled the font, and rebooted several times. Font is correctly showing still in Illustrator and Photoshop.

This is impacting client files and while I have a workaround, I am concerned the problem will occur with other fonts where I don't have a viable solution. (I have another foundry version of that particular font.)

Screen shots attached.

many thanks

7 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

nick fairbank shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Please try it out with the latest release and if even then you encountering the same issue, please share the font file of that particular font with which you are facing the issue.

Please do mention your machine configuration like OS, Locale. You can also send files/links directly to paawasth@adobe.com.

Thanks,
Payal

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • IVAN MACHADO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No meu caso é uma fonte Arial que aparece como AUSENTE. Você tentou todos os procedimentos da Adobe, mas nenhum deu certo.

• IVAN MACHADO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No meu caso é a fonte Arial que aparece como AUSENTE. Já tentei todos os procedimentos da Adobe, mas nenhum deu certo.

• Peter Modin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My problem turned out to be related to pasting cells from Excel, which included some hidden control codes.

• Peter Modin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue, with "Miller Text Roman" and "Minion Pro Regular". After a while, Indesign seems to misplace the font and you have to rely on some old cache, which frequently renders the text completely garbled.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue but with several different fonts. It makes it frustrating having to go unsync and then sync the fonts again everyday.

Feedback and Knowledge Base