Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

117 results found

1. Workspace dissapears when selecting objects

When selecting objects with the mouse cursor or selecting text, the workspace disappears and everything becomes white. Once the process is finished, everything appears normal again.
    I use Adobe Indesign 19.1, macOS14.2.1, Apple M1 Max 32GB.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Redefine style changes Grep Style

When redefining a style based on changes to an existing style (and that existing style has a GREP style in use), the style parameters of the style or grep style are changed. Whereas, if you edit a style directly and apply the same changes, the grep style is unaffected. See video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the 1st case in your video, you have applied a local override to the Style by changing. That's why you see a + in the name of the Style. When you Redefine that Style, the overrides go away and the Style gets redefined with the new attributes.

However, in the 2nd case, you are Editing the Style directly by opening the Style dialog. So any changes you make in the dialog automatically becomes part of the Style itself and there is no need to Redefine it from the panel menu.

It is working correctly.

--

Adobe InDesign team

3. eyedropper + shift

Eyedropper tool bug, when I'm trying to use the optionnal command "Shift" (the eyedropper become a target), it supposed to grab only color, which is not the case on 19.0 on mac, it seems to work as a normal eyedropper :s

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Style Packs

i have adobe indesign 19.0.1
    i don't have "Style Packs" in windows menu under styles
    why?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "O" button popup is blocking use of small text box anchorpoint.

This problem happens when attempting to resize small rectangle text boxes (smaller than .9") with the bottom/center anchorpoint. When clicking directly on the anchorpoint, instead of being able to drag it up or down to resize, a small pop-up box appears by the "O" symbol that has a check box for "All Small Caps." this disallows me to resize. I'm not clicking the "O." I'm clicking directly on the bottom/center anchorpoint.

This problem affects my workflow every time I use Indesign. I have to instead use the top anchorpoint and reposition. Please reconfigure where the "O" button appears on a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Missing ALT-Text in PDF

Since the latest update to InDesign 16.3.2 alternative text to hyperlinks and cross-references is not included in the <Link> tag of the exported PDF-document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Can't Rename Objects in Layers Panel on MacOS Big Sur

Adobe Indesign 16.1, macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

I cannot rename objects or layers in the layers panel. I've attached a video of the typical triple-click method and all you see is a quick flash of the editing mode but it is never actually able to be edited.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. turn off Touch workspace!

Can Adobe PLEASE stop making the Touch workspace compulsory every time the app launches. Not all users want this. We didn't ask Adobe to turn off our usual interface and replace it with a Touch version.

When we have to go through the mandatory 'hey this is new examples' EVERY TIME just to get into the app, only to have to turn it off by choosing "essentials" (top right) EVERY TIME we launch the app, it becomes a major pain.

Who on earth at Adobe throught this would be a good idea? Surely this is just a bug? Why isn't…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Share for Review: Image Quality

Can we have an option where Share > Share for Review has a high-quality view as opposed to the low-res preview (see file attached- Review (left) and Original (right)) please?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Share for Review is to quickly share a design that is still a work-in-progress with the Reviewer(s) for quick feedback. Since the review opens in a browser for the reviewer, it has to load quickly even on slow networks, that’s why the image quality has been kept low deliberately so that the page loads quickly without long wait times. Using high-res views will slow down the loading of pages in the browser considerably, marring the experience.

Hope this helps.

Adobe InDesign team

10. Missing strikethrough, replace text, and highlight options on share for review web link

We're using the public (with password) share for review option for our annual report because we didn't want one-time reviewers to have to make an account.

I thought that's why I was only seeing the draw and thumbtack options on the online review. But after updating InDesign the options appeared today. And then they disappeared again and I can't get them to come back.

I hope this feature can be fixed. It was so much easier to make the updates from the comments then emailed edits and scans of people markups that they PDF'd.

We had one other issue before,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Share For Review, only getting shape tool and pin tool.

In share for review, I only see the pin tool and the shape tool. All of the other reviewing tools that I should be seeing are missing. They appear briefly and then disappear.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If the Share for Review was created using the previous version of InDesign – InDesign 2020 (v 15.1/v15.1.1/v15.1.2), then only 2 Tools are visible in the browser – Pin and Draw.

The new Text Tools in Share for Review – Highlight, Strikethrough, and Replace are available ONLY if :
    1) Share for Review is initiated from InDesign 2021.
    2) Opening a document that was created in an earlier version and initiating Share for Review from InDesign 2021.
    3) For Share for Review created from InDesign 2020 (v 15.1/v15.1.1/v15.1.2), you click on the Update Link button in the Share for Review panel in InDesign 2021. (You may have to hit the Refresh button in the browser if the Review was already open there).

Adobe InDesign team

13. Share for Review

Share for Review does not seem to be working even after another update.

I sent an invitation by "Invite Only". My client received an email with a link and the only 2 options available for my client are "Sign in with an Adobe ID" – 99% of my clients will not HAVE or NEED an Adobe ID.

The second option is "Enter a password if one has been shared with you." Unfortunately, I was not given the option to set up a password. However, when posting publicly I could.

And lastly, when I update the file (link), there was no…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. resize group is copying the group

With the new CC2021 I have a group of objects. Trying to resize them not only resizes them but copies the entire group leaving the old group in place!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. InDesign 2021 (InDesign 16.0) locked when left unattended for an hour.

This was installed for me overnight, and appeared to be running as expected. When I left my computer running for an hour while I ate lunch I came back to find the application locked. When I tried to force it to quit the entire machine locked, and I was required to force it to shut down and restart.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. File Info box not displaying CC2020 15.1.1

File Info box not displaying when trying to add metadata. CC2020 15.1.1, Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5, external Dell monitor. I have tried reopening and overwriting preference files then restart. I have tried deleting library cache for cc15 and then restart. I have disconnected external monitor and restarted. Only solution has been to reopen as cc2019 doc and add there, but some clients make additional changes in 2020 and send back so I still have same issue. I keep having to force quit to get program to restart each time I try and open file info.
    I saw someone had issue…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Share for Review access settings - Public Link not available

I am trying to use the new Share for Review option. As outlined here, I should be able to switch the access options from invitation only to public which should give me the option to have people without an Adobe account review the content by simply inputting a password for access. However, I cannot switch from invitation only to public as I simply have the invitation only option as a fixed option and no dropdown to choose from. Is there an option somewhere that I need to enable first so I can publicly share these files for review? As of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. indesign 16.0 - new bug - text-wrap with image not correct

If i place an image into a frame and set text-wrap on that frame, it works correct and text breaks fine. If however i set the same text-wrap on the image (double click image or select content) instead of the frame, it will not wrap the text at the correct width. See attached screenshot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The values that are shown in the Text Wrap panel & also the Frame Fitting Options dialog for Crop amounts relate to the inherent image size, not to the size it appears within InDesign – that is, they refer to the image as though it were placed at 100% scale. That means it’s based on the image resolution and the scaling at which it is placed.
    To see how this works, when you place an image, just click on the document – it will come at its 100% scale. Now select the Image contents, open the Text Wrap panel, and input 30mm in one of the fields, the value will be correct. Now scale down the image contents to 50% of its size – now measure the text wrap – it will be roughly 15mm in size.

Hope it helps.

InDesign team

20. Share for review annotations not showing up in InDesign

In using the new Share for Review this morning from today's update to v15.1 we did a test document that included some drawing annotations. The comments showed up as expected in InDesign but not the drawing annotations. I have tried toggling on and off the eye in the review panel and nothing happens like it does in the web browser.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base