1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Interactive PDF Font Colour

Is there anyway to change font colour of the forms? I can only see Font Family and Size.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make meta data optional on pdf export

PDFs are often very large when you use a lot pictures that includes meta data. After export you can clean the PDF by deleting meta data.
    Please allow to ignore meta data when exporting PDFs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 page pdf from multiple pages

create 2 page pdfs from a multiple page document, it already allows this as spreads but not as one page following another

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Adopt the latest PDF 2.0 specification

Flash-based PDF interactive output from InDesign is, to be kind, rather problematic. Flash-based interactivity is problematic with mobile-based PDF readers, including Adobe Reader on the iOS and Android platforms.

Please do what you can to adopt the PDF 2.0 standard promptly. Like a lot of other users working with interactive features within PDFs, I'm hopeful that by creating conforming documents, rather than hoping for conforming PDF writer and reader applications with widely varying degrees of success, would help InDesign take advantage of intrinsic security and interactive capabilities of the PDF 2.0 specification.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Choose directory when exporting as separated single PDF files

When exporting to PDF as single page separated files, add the ability to choose a directory and then to check which file to replace or ignore as in export for the web feature in Photoshop…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Crops Marks should automatically offset the same distance as the bleed

I does not make any sense that the default offset for crop marks is less than .125" There isn't a finishing trim method that can use crop marks closer than that. The default 0.0833 in setting is useless for production. It only causes problems and renders the bleed virtually useless.

I work in grand format print and the problem is far worse. We require .5" or 2" bleed consistently for gallery wraps, museum exhibits etc. We constantly get pdfs from clients where the bleed is 2" but the crop marks are only 0.0833" away from the page size. This renders…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Still need MORE design options Forms via InDesign

This is still a current problem, it has been posted before but CLEARLY many people still have this frustrating problem that InDesign cannot preform the ENTIRE task of design and execution of an interactive form without the use of Acrobat. Specifically text colour and alignment/positioning in field.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Export of all opened documents

Please make it possible to export all opened InDesign documents at the same time. You can also use the same export defaults.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Relative paths to external files

My goal is to do all the layout and linking in indesign then do an export to a PDF with hyperlinks. The PDF and all the external linked files will then be distributed to other computers via USB-stick or CD.
    The links has to be relative for this to work and I would like to have that option in the hyperlinks pod/panel or when doing a PDF (or HTML export).
    I have been waiting 10 years for this feature - I cant understand why it has not been implemented searching the internet. it must be a clear usecase for indesign.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Automatically create page hyperlinks from page. numbers entered to the page in the document

Have an option so that when typing an index and I type in a page number on the index page the program automatically creates a hyperlink to that page - it would save me hours every year. Even if you had to create a column within a table or something to do this.....

Of use the chapter heading at the top of the page to automatically create an index

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please implement an option/script for the user to make the choice to turn backgroundprinting on or off..

A button or checkbox to turn of the backgroundtask would be useful (like the famous script: "controlBackgroundExport.jsx" by Marijan Tomba.

There are certain export/printjobs I want to see/follow in a processbar, even if that means that I am not able to work for that time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Print Booklet - Export Issues

Print Booklet - Export Issues.
    Before the update back in January roughly the Print Booklet export was quick and very responsive.

For some reason now the booklet export does takes over 3-5 minutes for even a small file which is only 4mb. Previously this would have taken seconds now it is taking long periods of time and also blocking my whole system up which will not allow me to use other programs etc.... This has only happened since the update from 2017 to 2018 Indesign CC.

Has anyone else had this issue and has anyone got a fix for it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Export Joboptions with and next to PDF / Apply Joboptions from any Location during PDF Export

Don’t know if this has been suggested before:

1) I would like to have the specific export settings (a.k.a. joboptions) exported to the same location as the PDF, e.g. per checkbox “Export joboptions”.

2) If we could apply joboptions from anywhere on the fly (like via a “Load temporary joboptions” at the bottom of the PDF Export presets list, anyone who gets hold of my file could repeat my export in exactly the same way.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Save PDF Export Settings within the InDesign File

I remember CS6 had this feature, and not having it on CC makes exporting PDFs a big hassle.
    When I export a PDF from Document A (say with margin and crop marks) then go to document B (which I usually export without margin or crop marks) It still shows me the exact same settings I used on A.

It should be file dependent: Some files I always export with margin only, others need crop marks. So at the moment I always have to change it again and again on every document.

Would be nice, if I export a file with…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Export In Size

Hello.

It would be nice when we export in PDF or JPG to specify a size in MO to limit the size. And the compression automatically adjust to respect the size we've entered.

It would avoid us to go on websites like IlovePDF to compress files.

Thanks.
    Kind regards.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Place indd documents do not work when hyperlinks are exported.

Place indd documents do not work when hyperlinks are exported.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PDF text box cannot have the option of a "comb of characters".

PDF features - The text box in indesign cannot have the option of a "comb of characters". Also can we maybe be able to format these text boxes in InDesign rather than having to do it in Adobe Acrobat Pro.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. InDesign needs to export to PDF/UA

There is currently no option to export to PDF/UA compliant PDF files. PDF/UA is an ISO standard and base for compliance to accessibility laws.

Especially in the public sector, where you need to create documents that comply to accessibility regulations this is a must!

We plan to use InDesign to create accessible PDF forms at a public university in Austria. We are bound by laws to only use software, that allows us to produce accessible content. The creative cloud bundle and acrobat are industry standards, and it is not understandable, why InDesign as part of this suite does not apply…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Include original INDD filename in metadata on PDF export

Include original INDD filename in metadata on PDF export.

I often get PDFs from clients, usually well after a job has been completed, where they want to update it, or base a new document on the PDF. Some clients, no matter how many times you tell them not to, change the name of the PDF file, making it a little more difficult to find the source file. Or a new client will send me a PDF that I did not create... then I have to ask for the source file, and of course you get "deer in the headlights eyes".…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base