How can we improve InDesign?

Easier Pasteboard Changes?

I'd like an option or a tool to quickly adjust the pasteboard size. I use that area for working out different layout and content options, and I find it strange that I have to go into the preferences to make the area larger each time I start a new file.

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MH shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tom Singer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the pasteboard to stop changing size drastically when I paste or move things. This happens on a daily basis. Super annoying and time consuming.

• MH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Ravi,
    Thanks for the reply. That method helps to an extent. If every document I create is the same size and type, it helps.

However, my needs may very greatly between documents. Sometimes I need to add 30 inches on each side of the pasteboard to really get the job done, but other times, having that sort of space is just a waste (this is particularly true for the vertical spacing, which can make scrolling between pages slow and cumbersome).

Paradoxically, I also often find that the fewer pages I have in a document, the more space I need.

I'm not sure how this works for different types of documents. For instance, if I specify 15 inches for a print document, does it give me 15 inches for a web document as well?

Feedback and Knowledge Base