How can we improve InDesign?

Persistent Book Panel

I use Book files often (INDB) and it is very annoying the way the Book Panel disappears from the UI when I close all open INDD files. I have to go to the Window menu and then to the bottom and choose my open Book file to get the Book Panel back. Please could you make the Book Panel persistent in the UI and remember the place that I docked it. That would save me time.

13 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Uwe Laubender commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi together,
    the InDesign Book Panel should be a panel like every other panel of InDesign.
    It should be possible to store it with a custom workspace etc.pp.

Regards,
    Uwe Laubender
    ( ACP )

• Diane Rigoli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have encountered this bug and it's very annoying. My experience is, once I place the books panel into one of my docks, it disappears at random and I can not get it back by choosing it from the windows drop down menu, or by choosing file>open because it thinks it's already open, but it's not visible. I can only re-open the book panel by quitting the program and re-launching. I can only get the panel to remain open if I don't place it into one of the docks. This is cumbersome and not a good work flow. This is a bug and should be fixed. Please fix it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base