How can we improve InDesign?

Make the Keybaord shortcuts consistent across InDesign, Illlustrator and Photoshop

Plz make the keybaord shortcuts consistent across InDesign, Illlustrator and Photoshop.

For common operations, the shorcuts are different across 3 apps.

5 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Paul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Need more info  ·  Anonymous responded  · 

Thanks Paul for making this suggestion. I have a few questions:

1. Which app would you want have the shortcuts changed. Do you think this should be for InDesign or any other app.
2. What is your primary used app. Is it PS or AI or ID?
3. What are the main shortcuts which trouble you.
4. Is it just the shortcuts that you are concerned about or are they some terminology issues as well which you feel should be consistent amongst the 3 apps.

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not a good idea,
    especially for people like me which works with Adobe Software for over 15 years.

• Rebecca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is more of a request for all Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign. I would like to submit a request to make a standard commands setting that works across all platforms. There could be an option to revert back to the old shortcuts and hotkeys. But as someone who spends every day working between InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, it's very difficult to be efficient because I can't remember which shortcut is for which program. Also, the eyedropper tool works exactly opposite in Illustrator from how it works in InDesign.

Please just tell me...is there any hope of standardization for these visual graphics programs? Or should I give up hope of that and look at it like learning different languages?

Feedback and Knowledge Base