How can we improve InDesign?

After data merge, export to split PDF

I do lots of work that involves creating personalized documents for event attendees (schedules, welcome letters, etc.). I merge attendee data from the registration site. Upon rendering a merged document, I should be able to export each page as an separate PDF using data fields as filenames. "Smith, John Itinerary.pdf" for each person, for example. The workaround for this involves generating and exporting bookmarks to Acrobat, which is convoluted and doesn't always work.

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NEU! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That script is really sweet! The report text-files are really helpful catching broken links and overset text. Only one thing: Is the overset-text-check really neccessary? In my datamerge-file, the column-name is longer than the actual values, so that I had to alter the text-box size, but no wig whoop.

• NEU! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are scripts and plugins available for this task, but I like it to be build in. Also I needed an option to create single InDesign-documents for each data merged, instead of a giant big file which I have to plit.

Feedback and Knowledge Base