Allow Data Merge to use .csv with semicolon separated text
Currently one has to use tab separated text (.txt) or comma separeted text (.csv). When using the .csv-export from Excel, it generates semicolons as separators, which is helpful because there may be a comma inside a table cell. So it would be helpful to use this text directly in InDesign.
This might be an issue only in the German version of Excel/InDesign, but it causes a lot of trouble.
This feature is now available in the Beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.
1. Go to adobeprerelease.com
2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
4. Click on the program to join the same.
5. You can now download the build (184.108.40.206) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notes.
Adobe InDesign team