When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please bring back Arrange Tabs to menu bar!

Please bring back Arrange Tabs to menu bar! They used to be on the menu bar, and with the 2020 update, they're missing. I have to go to Window and reselect the view I want over and over again with each new document I open.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automaticly update old files after large update

After the last update(2020) of InDesign, i started creating a book file. When I loaded the files in the book file, all files had to manually be saved again in the new version of InDesign. When creating a book of more than 100 files, it is verry time consuming. To create alle the books(multiple each month whit files that are already created), i have more than 1000 files wich have to be updated to the latest file. To do this i have found a script wich make this less time consuming, but it is still a lot of work. I…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Duplicating pages in InDesign - but not at the end of a document

When duplicating pages in Indesign they always appear at the end of the document. We should be able to select where in the document we want the pages to be added, as we do when inserting new pages.
    So, 'Duplicate Pages''; "Insert Before/After page XX" etc

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it obvious in the Page palette when a page dimension has been changed with the Page tool

In a multi-page doc, it is not obvious when the dimensions of individual pages have been changed with the Page tool.

This can waste time or at worst be disastrous if a document at the wrong size is inadvertently sent to print.

I suggest some kind of colour tint or bright border to page thumbnails to clearly identify when a page dimension has changed from the document’s core dimensions.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shortcuts

If i want copy path of link(s) or just name of link(s) i can set a shortcut, but this shortcut works only if links panel is open. Otherwise shortcut wont work. The Same issue is with shortcut for change link(s).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Place a page from a document into itself on a different page

I work on price lists and we have a page that explains how to use the price list. In that descriptive page, I insert an illustrator file of one of the product pages. The problem is that the information, prices and images are changed from time to time and the description page becomes outdated. If I were able to place an indesign page from the same document into itself then the information would always be up to date.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Name spreads for export

When we export as png or other formats from indesign we always have to rename all our exported pages and spreads. Over and over again if we make changes and export again. Why cant we have the option to give a spread or a page a defined name for export. Example, I always have to rename documentname(15) to banner_560x500 and does this on all 15 exports. Please look into it ❤️

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Open and modify a pdf document directly in Adobe Indesign CC 2020

I don't understand why it isn't possible in Adobe Indesign CC 2020 to open pdf document and modify this document directly in the application.

Affinity Publisher proposes this feature by default and it's works perfectly !

On the screen you can see on the left Adobe PRO DC and on the right Affinity Publisher without any plugin. All can be edited : texte, image, ...

This feature will be added in the future ?

It's really dammage that Affinity Publisher proposes this feature, while Adobe Indesign is older.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have ruler bar be on the right, too, to drag out guides when zoomed in on right side of doc etc.

To prevent having to zoom out and/or change position in a document when trying to precisely visually align a guide

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Thank for new versions - but the scroll button the is a dull grey atop another shade of grey is not visible enough for quick work -

i have worked as a designer for many years - please consider colour and contrast in the scroll feature for pages. As i try to proof a manuscript against another file, i must constantly search for the scroll tab in order to read more text - even a lighter shade of grey or something complementary would help the worker.
    thanks
    Julia Blushak

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. show existing guide rows and columns

When you create guides, then want to change how many rows and/or columns you have, the existing number of guides does not appear in the dialogue box, so if I want to change how many rows/columns I have, I have to count them first. Please just have the numbers for the existing guides in there automatically. Please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Pictures via drag and drop from the website to indesign (.png .jpg .gif....)

Copy pictures via drag and drop from the website toto indesign (.png .jpg .gif....)
    Transparent PNG should be as well supported.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adjust book cover spine

Please give us back the former option of layout adjustment (see screen capture) !!
    It was so simple and so easy to change page format and objects adjusted well !
    For exemple when doing a book cover :
    before, you could change the page width of the spine, and if there was a colored frame on it, its width would adjust too (but not the height if the height of the page didn't change)
    Now, if you change the page width, the object is scaled (height and width) wich is absolutely counter productive : now you must manually rescale and…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. no vertical justification on last column

Implement a setting which will prevent the last column being justified vertically. Currently you have to add a separate text box that is set to align top to prevent this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Changing document defaults warning

Many beginning users often change settings without an object selected (but they think do). These settings include paragraph styles, character styles, object styles, effects, text wrap. While this is technically a feature, it causes all kinds of confusion to the beginner. How about a warning dialog box stating what they are about to do and give them an option of canceling?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Chapter Number in ToC Numbering

I'm working with a long document and it really does not make sense to use section numbering so that I can insert a prefix to page numbers (and that has to be done manually for each section anyway). Why are there not building blocks for the ToC or at the least, the ability to insert a variable?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. remove canvas size limits for wide format printing _ or make an option to work in 10% scale mode

Either remove the limitations or provide a "10% mode" that can be switched to (with a click of a button) that calculates dimensions and gives a visual representation of the artwork degradation of the files after enlarging to 100%

actually anything that would help large format printers - which is a large part of your user base - but seems to be forgotten during your program design stage

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. SWF

La nueva versión de indesign 2020 no tiene la opción de exportar a SWF para poder tener Flip page

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow High Quality Preview turned on / off per document (Dynamic Spelling too)

Let me turn on / off High Quality preview per document, same with dynamic spelling. We have very picture-heavy documents with sometimes thousands of smaller text boxes and typically on one document need high quality preview or dynamc spelling turned on, but slows down work, when switching to others.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It is SO important to have footnotes continue the numbering throughout a whole document without restarting the numbering every text frame

It is bad document design to have the whole document in one single text frame (a nightmare when doing changes and everything moves). At the very least each chapter should start with a new text frame. So it seems crazy that you can set footnote numbering to restart every page, spread or section but when none of these are selected the numbering should flow through the whole document! NOT restart for each text frame. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base