1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to make frame handles larger

Ability to make frame handles larger to enable better user experience when adjusting boxes using a touch screen. They are too small at the moment for accurate grabbing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Just want to turn off the Home Bar

I want to be able to turn off the annoying home bar at the top (the unhideable application frame thing).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. No option to hide the Application Bar in 2020

I noticed in 2020 there is no longer the menu option under the Window menu to hide the Application Bar. I'm not sure why this was removed, for people who don't use it it's just in the way and unnecessary especially when you're trying to use InDesign on a small screen, every inch of screen space counts. Im sure there are people out there that use it, and that's great, I'm sure they find it useful in someway, but we all use the application differently so please allow us the ability to turn it on and off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable more functions in right click

I wish right click would bring up more options - for example, right clicking a linked file should give me the option to 'reveal in finder' but I have to open the links pallets to get that. It would improve my workflow no end.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. UI scaling as Photoshop, Lightroom and Illustrator

As far as I can understand, InDesign is only able to scale UI to maximum 200%, while Photoshop and Illustrator appear to go further - or has a better implementation with windows 10 scaling.

The UI of InDesign is on the small side on a 4K monitor and on newer monitors with 5K or 8K, the 200% scaling is not sufficient.

Implementation of same scaling as Photoshop and Illustrator, will ensure a much improved user experience for users on high resolution monitors.
    It will also future-prof InDesign, as the amount of 4K+ monitors, only will increase in the coming years.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A facility to tell what settings are 'inherited' from another style

I think it would be beneficial to be able to quickly identify which properties in a cell style etc. inherit from a parent style.

If you look at my child.png , it is "Based On" parent.png. However, you can't see in the child what settings have been "learned" from the parent. It would be nice if the inherited characteristics appear with a light grey background or a little star or something suitable to distinguish them from the edits that are child-specific.

In my case, how this situation caused minor confusion is that I had "no idea" why the background fill…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Recent document list remembers templates

The recent documents feature (File > Open Recent > [list of recent files]) seems to be based on files saved, not files opened. If I open a template if does not get added to the recent files. I might open the same template five times a day, but it never appears in the Open Recent list. This should be corrected or an option to include recent templates added in Preferences > File Handling. See example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Just change one word in the preferences of German InDesign!

The German word "Textumfluss" is used two times in InDesign but with different meanings:

Within the preferences "Smart Text Reflow" is "Intelligenter Textumfluss".
    And then there ist the "Text Wrap" panel, which is named "Textumfluss" in German, too.

So "wrap" gets the same translation as "reflow"? Noooooo! These are two different thing and should not be named the same!

A better translation for reflow would be "Textumbruch", so please change just one word in the German preferences, from "Intelligenter Textumfluss" to "Intelligenter Textumbruch".

It's easy to do: just five letters to change! One small piece of code. Done in a…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

The fix is now available in the Beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.

1. Go to adobeprerelease.com
    2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
    3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
    4. Click on the program to join the same.
    5. You can download the latest available build (15.0.0.151) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
    6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notes.

Adobe InDesign team

9. Single page view

A simple request, single page view without other pages on the screen.

Trying to focus on the layout on one page when I can see the others drives me crazy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New Menu-> Window->Workspace "Center All" to Place Entire Document and Windows Centered Between Resolutions from Laptop to Large Monitor

I am currently stuck, I can't see my document because I took my laptop from my monitor to my bed. This happens in many Adobe products. I need to either relaunch and hope or maybe go back to monitor to hopefully find the edges and rearrange it. You should place a dropdown menu from Window->Workspace->Center All as a new command that lays everything out from top left to right and then has the outer frame fit the bottom right of your new resolution. None of current options allows for this and I can't find my documents

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix the defaults

People rarely go into preferences and change the defaults. So for them it’s important to have good default values from the start. For people who know how to change the defaults it’s helpful if those defaults start out with the right values.

I’m talking about the font size and leading increments and kerning/tracking value increments. Why would the default increment be two points for font size and leading, not one? Does Adobe think we want to make it faster to greatly increase the point size at the expense of not being able to dial in the exact point size size…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Scroll Bar Access

Panels should not overlap the page vertical scroll bar. Instead they should snap on right side of the pasteboard [Offset the width of the scrollbar] allowing access to the scrollbar. saving you have to close panels

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Properties Panel More Options

I quite like the idea of the new Properties Panel, but it would be great to have the options to have the "More Options" items to be expanded permanently. Right now the auto collapse once you change from item to item. I understand if you are working on a laptop, the fact that they auto collapse is helpful but when you are working on a large screen I don't want to keep looking for my options. Please add a preference that makes the expanded options sticky.
    Thanks, Julian

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest update (14.0.2) of InDesign 2019.

If you are unable to see the update notification, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
    Once the update button is shown against InDesign, click on the button to update to Id 14.0.2.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.

The list of fixed issues can be found at: helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

Adobe InDesign team

15. Add option to ignore images or fills when drag-selecting using Direct Selection tool.

Often dragging a select box over frame corners will pick up interior fills or images and move them when all I want is to move the frame corners or vertices.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better UI Scaling

I use InDesign on a laptop that gets docked for use with multiple screens and removed from the dock for remote work. When the machine is docked the UI scale is perfect. When I use InDesign after disconnecting the computer from the dock the interface gets very small. If I switch to the larger scale factor the interface gets very large. Illustrator seems to scale on its own just fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Possibilité de masquer la barre qui ne sert à rien

Bonjour,
    Avoir la possibilité de masquer la barre qui ne sert à rien et occupe de l'espace inutilement.
    Sur la capture d'écran, l'astuce que j'ai trouvée pour "masquer" au mieux cette barre.
    Merci !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can we have a UI that makes it clear when InDesign is the active window?

The current crop of CC app interfaces give no visual indication that an application frame is active if it doesn't actually overlap another one on the screen. Unless the ruler is active, there is NO visual cue to tell the user that InDesign has focus, for example, and even the ruler change is non-obvious.

The problem is with the nonsensical suite-wide UI change that eliminated even the Windows title bar, which gives a very clear indication whether a window has focus. I assume some exec who flunked UX 101 has the idea that designers only work with one window at…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Implement smooth(er) scrolling on Windows

This may well go hand-in-hand with the GPU acceleration request. Currently, mouse-wheel scrolling is stepped I fairly large increments, even when using a high-end pointing device such as the Logitech MX Master 3. This makes for significant fatigue when navigating a large document.

The behavior in MacOS, even without GPU acceleration enabled is a LOT better. Please add some kind of control over the incriment size at least, or idially a truely 'smooth' experience. Illurtrator and Photoshop are much much better, but I spend my life in InDesign. Affinity Publisher on Windows has managed it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Preserve zoom when selecting a PDF comment

Selecting an imported PDF comment causes the document to zoom to fit, which in cases may result in the font size being hard to read. One can zoom in then, but when clicking on the next comment it will zoom out again. Frustrating and onerous. If the designer could control the zoom and it remained where she left it that would make using this great feature easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base