1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

384 results found

1. Have the option to make page numbers as words (one, two, three).

Make it possible to add page numbers as words (one, two, three) as opposed to just numbers and roman numerals.
    Also make it possible to integrate this with things such as the Table of Contents feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Overscroll Feature

It would be so nice to be able to enable overscroll in Indesign like you can in Photoshop. It feels so claustrophobic not being able to overscroll.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. smart templates and content

We would like to have an option ware lets say you have basic shipping marks template and you use it in different files, that you then can update the template design and that it then changes also in the files in with it ware used. because we use a lot of the same content over different files but we need to update each and every one every time we make a change.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Dynamic Color Swatches with Data-Merge

Make the Swatches dynamic with Data-Merge so that you can enter a Colorcode in the Excel document and it changes the Swatch with the same name or something like that.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Number & nombre

Hey Guys, you should'nt translate NUMBER by NUMÉRO in French for exemple NUMBER of column in menu Pages → Margins and Columns ) but by NOMBRE. NOMBRE is the right word in this case.

Thank you so much.

Regards

Ben

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change

I would like to draw the Chapter Title in a text variable from the File Info rather than trying to use the First on page/last on Page and setting a Paragraph style. It would be much faster, easier and more reliable to let us grab a field from File Info. I can get the Chapter File to update but then it won't appear in the TOC and the work arounds show that the software simply does not want to work the way one would expect. I work in a variety of other software packages and they ALL allow us to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. grep

improve Live Preflight feature with GREP customized condition (es. add conditional GREP formatting. For eg. if there's multiple space).

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Copy Artboard Size across CC apps

I do this a lot: I have a diecut in Illustrator and need to create the layout in InDesign. I have a little OCD (like most DTP/Artworkers :)) ) so I create the diecut in Illustrator and then fit the artboard size to the whole art. When I start creating the layout in InDesign, I create the document using the same page size as the Illustrator file. And I do this several times a day. :)

It would be great to have an option/button in Artboard Tool (Illustrator) / Page Tool (InDesign) to copy the size and be able to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Indesign work files have huge file size

I am used to work with older versions of indesign, and sometimes quark. The file sizes I am used to is around 300 Mb at most. On the newer indesign I get file sizes up to almost 3 GB! All the images I use combined in the document is not even a quart of that size, and I do not embed any images. This takes up a lot of space and makes it hard to work in a network environment.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Apply Multiple Master Pages per Page (Akin to Layers)

Ideally, InDesign would treat master pages like layers. In this manner, a variable number of master pages could be applied to any page, allowing for more efficient and quicker customization of page layout. For example, a user might set up the following master pages:

A-Body (1 Col.)
    B-Body (2 Col.)
    C-Body (Fig. or Table)
    D-Header (Full)
    E-Header (Partial)
    F-Footer (Full)
    G-Footer (Partial)

In this example, the many possible combinations, such as AD, AF, ADF, AE, AG, AEG, BD, etc. (based on layout needs) wouldn't need to be created. More importantly, as in styles based on parent styles, changes would effectively…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Load Master Pages the same as Paragraph and Character Styles

Load Master Page options should be same as Loading Paragraph/Character Styles, with options to choose which Master you want to load/overwrite. I have documents with multiple Masters, but I may just want to update one of them. In current state, I have to load all Masters from another document, which forces unwanted changes to the other Master Pages that did not require updating.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More than 10 page spreads.

Allow the user to connect much more than 10 pages together in InDesign. I would like this so I can organize a large document with many pages. I am creating a digital book about plant taxonomy and would like to organize the pages this ways so that I can easily navigate this large document taxonomically while in the program. The pages will be printed individually so the layout in the document is not for the printing process but for organization.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Feature Request: Support for Grayscale ICC profiles

Please add support for Grayscale profiles like in Photoshop. In InDesign, I can only define RGB and CMYK working space. In Photoshop, I can also define color space for grayscale files and files with spot colors.
    Many books, magazines or newspapers are still printed using black ink only. Minimal support for grayscale workflow makes creating monochrome documents for different papers complicated as InDesign cannot convert grayscale profiles (ie. from Dot Gain 15% to Dot Gain 25%).

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. BUG: Option-Drag does not work between spreads

It is possible to copy objects using Alt+Drag command. It works if you work on a single page or single spread.
    Unfortunately it is not possible to Alt+Drag objects from one spread to another spread. This bug was introduced many years ago and it is still present in Adobe InDesign CC.
    Please make the Option-Drag of object consistent and let users copy objects from one spread to another one.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make the visibility of a form field contingent on text entered in a previous form field.

More specifically, I need text entered into a previous form field prior to the visibility of other fields. For example, you cannot fill out a title field without completing a name box previously. Ideally, this could be an option under "event" on the "Buttons and Forms" menu.

This is valuable when creating a form where data needs to be input for followup form fields to become visible.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Better Master Pages Concept

if a page is based on a mater page it seems likely that users will want to selectively turn on or off the visibility on a page to page basis.

currently in 13.1 x64 Indesign lets you choose none as an option on a page level of granularity

it would be better if the master page elements had their own layer in the page layers panel and each sub element that is on the master page had an eyeball icon to selectively turn on and off the visibility at the page being viewed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When there is a color profile mismatch, allow me to save my color setting from the drop down menu.

When there is a color profile mismatch on opening a document in InDesign, allow me to save the document to my color setting from the drop down menu that appears prior to opening the page(s). I can only do it now by opening with the existing profile and then assigning it my color profile under - Edit - Assign Profile.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow the dynamic note function to be turned off so notes can be copied and pasted into separate documents

For all those of us who work on illustrated books with end matter, the fact that we cannot turn off the new dynamic note function is a serious problem. It means we can no longer copy notes out of a document and place them at the back of the book in a separate notes section without losing all of the note numbering.

The ability to add and remove notes without having to renumber by hand is great, but please give us the option to turn that off. For exhibition catalogues and academic art books, for example, all the notes have…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 数字を使うショートカットキーについて

Illustrator同様、テンキーでの操作も可能にして欲しいです。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. updates only on modified pages of publications indesign

When I place one multi-page publication of an indentation in another (for example, I put pages of other publications in a catalog), it would be convenient if, on some pages, the pages where the changes were updated were updated, and not the entire document as it is now.

Sorry for my english - google translator
    ))))

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?