1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatic tables by adding 'Column Space'

This would be a major improvement of tables in InDesign that would be the envy of any other program and I think it is possible for InDesign to do it.

This feature would automatically make a table go to its text box width with even spacing between each column of text.:

This is how it would be done with a new feature called something like 'Column Space':

(1) You would make sure the table is within a text box to the width you want the table to go to.
    (2) You would then adjust the columns of text within the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Italics shown in text variables

When you use text variables for running heads, if the chapter title has one of its words in italics, for example, the text variable does not recognise the italics. You can therefore not use a text variable in this instance without lots of cheating to get round it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make Save as line scalable

When you scale Save as dialog, the file name line did not grow. It's only a few letters wide. When you replace file or make another with slitgly changed name you must scroll to end of file name even the name fits to window if the line is wider.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Page Numbering "Don't Include in Page Numbering" Option

I use INDD for proposals that include covers and tabs. Right now, it's pretty cumbersome to get the cover and tabs to not be included in the page count. Currently, you have to restart the number at a specific interval based on where the tabs are at and change your cover and tabs pages to include a Section Prefix as to not duplicate page numbers, so it's a little tedious. So my first three pages are called A1 A2 and A3...then 1 2...then B3 (for tab 1)...then 3 4 5 etc. Can we just have a "check box" under Numbering…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Would like the find/replace font also store/show the actual filename for the font, not just the display version.

Would like the find/replace font also store/show the actual filename for the font, not just the display version: I have recently received a new (Windows) computer at work, it has has some issues, and I didn't copy over all of the installed fonts on the previous computer, as I probably did not need many of them anymore. I work for a printing company that does updates and new set ups, so use a lot of fonts from a lot of sources. It is a real time user to find the correct font file for many jobs, given Windows' naming conventions…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Extract/Save Individual Pages in an Indesign Document as a Separate InDesign File

Please please please consider making a feature where you can extract pages/spreads in an InDesign document as a separate InDesign file. I work in Proposals for a Civil Engineering firm and our proposals are generally 100+ pages with a lot of resumes and project pages. After each proposal is complete we have to go in and save every resume in each person's resume folder and every project page in its respective folder. It takes such a long time to create a new indesign document for each resume and project and copy/paste it over and then save in a folder. It…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Numbering Pages

I wish you could make it easy to number pages - as easy as on Word. It is so complicated on InDesign and I have failed to make it work. As a result, I have had to publish books without numbered pages, and that is frustrating for all.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. High Res Tif's not rendering

High Res Tif's are not rendering when imported into an InDesign document. V15 and v16 rendering engines need to be updated.
    When a High Res Tif is inserted and expanded (zoomed in) it does not render in High performance mode but looks like Fast screen mode.

I have verified this with Adobe InDesign Technical Support that this is not a user setting, but an engineering bug. It is not a resolution issue as the file looks fine when exported to a PDF.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Updating master page synchronize in a book

Would love to see an option to synchronize master pages to the source file in a book that offers "deleting" master pages we do not want in the selection.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Open PDF

I want the ability to open an Adobe PDF in Adobe InDesign. The ability to have a pdf file that I can right click and go to Open With -> Adobe InDesign would save so much time at my job in the print industry. It takes forever to take 1,500 pages of a PDF document and individually place them in an InDesign file just so I can use a master page to overlay a bad logo that a client used. If they could just automatically open just as though I did the whole document by hand it would be a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The ability to flick between pages on imported Indesign files

Self explanatory - The ability to flick between pages on imported Indesign files without having to go to relink then navigate to the file, then to the page you want. A simple forward/back page button next to the link would speed up my workflow immensely.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Managing multiple tabs in InDesign is an abomination

Managing multiple tabs in InDesign is an abomination. Firstly, the tolerance between reshuffling tabs and pulling a tab out to a separate window is far too small. Try doing this on a 4K screen, move your mouse a couple of millimetres up or down and all of a sudden your tab is now it's own window. Worse still is that when you pull it back into the tabs, it goes right to the back.

This leads me to my second issue. The lack of any way to reshuffle tabs that have multiple tabs in between. There are two ways to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cross reference endnotes

At present if you are in a particular endnote and wish to cross reference to another endnote, it is impossible to to obtain the new endnote number. While the list of endnotes shows the endnote number, it is not an option to choose just the number. So yo only get the full text of the endnote. This is different from cross referencing, say, a list of Figures where you can cross reference just the Figure and the figure number. Fo some reason the endnote number simply does not exist as a Paragraph Number

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Scroll document whilst Pop up window is visable (e.g Place)

When any pop up windows like Save/ Place/ Export is open it is useful to be able to scroll the document in background.

For example: In InDesign CS6 and you can scroll the document behind the Place pop-up window. In Adobe CC this function no longer works – which slows the design and layout process down.

This feature was especially useful when producing books with many images in.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to replace links with same name but different format

When relinking a file, ID is able to check and relink all other links in a folder. However, I regularly have to use the relink feature to replace .tif dummies with finalized .psd files. The problem is that relink includes the extension of files in the name, so a tickable option to tell ID to change extension according to the first file you click so it then relinks all files with same name but the desired extension instead would save a lot of time.

(Unrelated, but having a corner to drag the typing field when posting ideas would be nice.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Grid Page View

An option to view the pages within a single document in a grid layout, rather than just one continuous column of pages one below the other. It would be a valuable tool for designers that wish to view a lot of their pages at once, rather than having to continuously scroll up & down the many pages of an InDesign document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show colour settings for new documents

Hi there.
    Please add a drop down menu to choose colour intent when making new documents. By default, print presets are CMYK in colour profile and transparency blend space. Web is RGB for both.
    I use Print presets all the time for new documents. But I want those page sizes in RGB colour mode and blend space.
    It would be informative to the user to have the colour settings of any document or template shown and user selectable when they are setting up a new document.
    See attached pic
    CHeers,
    Jeremy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Automaticly update old files after large update

After the last update(2020) of InDesign, i started creating a book file. When I loaded the files in the book file, all files had to manually be saved again in the new version of InDesign. When creating a book of more than 100 files, it is verry time consuming. To create alle the books(multiple each month whit files that are already created), i have more than 1000 files wich have to be updated to the latest file. To do this i have found a script wich make this less time consuming, but it is still a lot of work. I…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base