1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

385 results found

1. Make the visibility of a form field contingent on text entered in a previous form field.

More specifically, I need text entered into a previous form field prior to the visibility of other fields. For example, you cannot fill out a title field without completing a name box previously. Ideally, this could be an option under "event" on the "Buttons and Forms" menu.

This is valuable when creating a form where data needs to be input for followup form fields to become visible.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Documents should open with spreads centered

When I open a document with two-page spreads, unless the zoom level is set to "fit in window," the document opens with the spreads off-center, usually to the left and down off the bottom edge. Then I have to manually drag them into place, or else choose "fit in window" and then size them down to whatever zoom level I'm working at. This is incredibly frustrating when I'm working on a book with many chapters which are frequently opened and closed. And contrary to some reports, InDesign doesn't "remember" the position when the file is next opened, unless that zoom…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ignore pasteboard

I would like to "ignore pasteboard" when running spell-check. Often I have extra text on the pasteboard that I don't want to delete, but I don't want to wade through while spell-checking.

Related to that -- it would be great if we could indicate certain frames we don't want to spell check. I do publications that have long lists of names that take forever to work through. I don't need to spell check them. Or maybe an "ignore capitalized words" function could do that.

These would be enormously helpful to editors! Thanks.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Lock Pages - Lock Pages to prevent changes when specific page design has been finalized

I'm working on a 55 page Yearbook and I'm now working on a page per page basis; I complete one page and move on. Some of the pages I know FOR SURE that they are done; I would love to be able to lock them to prevent further changes. They would not be altered by master page changes or anything else; just locked and ready to go.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable switching of pages in imported pdfs

I wish there was a way to change the page of an imported multi-page pdf instead of going to relink the image (to the same file) and selecting the page with the import options clicked. This would save me so much time. All it would require is a page up/down button in the links palette that would only be visible when a multi page pdf was linked in the document.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Import GIF Animations

It could be great to animate a document for presentations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Exclude Pages from Page Count

Please include an option to exclude certain pages of a document from the page count. I work with a lot of proposals that have page counts, but things like covers, table of contents, and tabs do not count. It's hard to keep track of the "counted" pages and having to go in and change the numbering every time I delete or insert a page. It would be great if you could right click on pages and say "exclude from page count" and the page count would continue on the next page.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Colorsettings in New Document dialog box

I would love to have the ability to choose my color settings (ICC profile, conversionsettings, etcetera) from within the new document dialog box. When I create a new document I would like to be able to define the colorsettings. Especially the color profile and rendering intent.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Better Master Pages Concept

if a page is based on a mater page it seems likely that users will want to selectively turn on or off the visibility on a page to page basis.

currently in 13.1 x64 Indesign lets you choose none as an option on a page level of granularity

it would be better if the master page elements had their own layer in the page layers panel and each sub element that is on the master page had an eyeball icon to selectively turn on and off the visibility at the page being viewed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Update Book panel

Please update the Book files to work more like FrameMaker.

For example, one can group files together, use folders (to treat separate files as one chapter), set the pagination settings separate for each file (start on right, start on next, make page count even, etc.)

InDesign hasn't had any major long document feature updates for some time. (Endnotes doesn't count as a long document feature since they do not currently work for a book. <g>)

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Cross-reference window really too small

I have to cross-reference dozens and dozens (not to say hundreds and hundreds) of items according to their item number. Of course, they all have a paragraph style and can be found, but not easily: the dialog box for the cross-reference is way too small, displaying only 6 items at the time and we need to scroll and scroll and scroll. On top of that, the items do not appear in alphabetical (or in this case by increasing number) but just randomly. Hair loss guaranted and nerve breaking after an hour of work on the menu too. Would it be…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adding feature for first page number in Text Variable

We work a lot in typesetting Journal which need to mention page number for each article. The 'last page number' in Text Variable are very useful and I wish to have an option for first page number in the feature. In current situation, I have to change the first page number manually if the pagination changed.
    Thank you.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show Masterpages overrides.

There's no way you can tell that someone did alter or remove MasterPage-items on a document page. You should add a little + sign next to the page icon in the Pages panel. Just like altered Paragraph Styles.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create a new document based on selected pages of an existing indesign document.

I would like to be able to select pages within an existing InDesign document and create a new document using those pages, much like you can with layers in photoshop.

In photoshop when you select 'duplicate layer(s)' you have the option of duplicating them into different documents, including a new one. When I am designing a business card for a client, for example, I present multiple options. I will make all of the options in one document as separate pages. When they choose one I would like to be able to select the specific pages and duplicate them straight to…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. one document multiple user

Allow different users to access the same document files simultaneously to edit. Like in CAD programms were you can lock layers or pages so you can have one project sharing file within your working group.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to save .indt template files to the new document dialog box

It would be very beneficial if there was an option to import and save .indt template files into the new document dialog box for easy access.

Similar or the same as the Adobe Stock templates feature that is available in the new document dialog box.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add the possibility to create the page height below 73px.

Especially for the design of web banners sometimes a smaller page height is important.
    Despite frame distances of 0px and web setting an error message appears with a page height of 72px or lower.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. GREP Customizing Live preflight Profile

Live Preflight is great tool of identifying and helping to prevent potential production problems, but it would be really handy if there was a possibility to create a custom GREP live preflight profile (like find/change Grep); es: check Title Case (all words are capitalized).

Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make page dimensions from Page Tool and Page Setup match

I'll often have to change the size of page using the Page Tool. The problem is that if anyone opens the Document Setup dialogue box, it only shows what the original dimensions of the page are – not the actual dimensions.

When there are multiple pages in a document with various sizes, the Document Setup dialogue window should notify that that's the case.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Vertical Facing Pages

A document pages setup option for vertical facing pages for things like calendars, and other types of documents would be really helpful.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base