Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

150 results found

1. Text + Format comparison between two InDesign files

Hello,

I just want to start eBook creation. I have many different users to write content from manual book. I need files from few users(at least two) to compare them with Text + Format comparison to minimize human errors like spell mistakes, format mistakes etc. I need it as basic feature to me to purchase InDesign as I am really impressed with all other features. But without this comparison feature it is baseless to me. Can you please provide me update is it possible in near future and some solid plans if you are okay.

Or else if you can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add ability to export BOOK files (INDB) as IDMLs (or similar)

I have a customer who wanted me to export a book for them for translation, but wanted ALL IDML files. We create larger books using InDesign, which will export documents (via package) as IDMLs, but not books (INDB). I'm not really sure what the problem is on the other end, re-assembling this book using the INDB and IDMLs, but the customer insists on needing an IDML for the BOOK. Nothing in forums says this can be done, direct contact with Adobe support says it can't be done, so we are at an impass. Support person suggested entering a request, so…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. table of content popup

the table of content popup UI needs updating. When working on long docs with many paragraph styles, and many levels of TOC. There's a lot of scrolling involved.

Let us resize the window so we can see more paragraph styles / TOC levels at once.

Or even just copy word's interface, although not great, but it a lot more useable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Container Flow

Each year I revise a 500+ page catalog in InDesign. Each product includes text (on 2 different layers) and an image per product. Each product is separated by a horizontal rule. I'd like a way to group all of these components together per product (possibly in a container of some sort) and have them automatically flow from column to column and page to page.

I will remove products throughout the year which results in blank spaces/gaps. If when I remove a product it would automatically reflow, it would shorten my process significantly. I also add products in throughout the year…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Give an indicator of page's section when creating hyperlink.

When there are multiple page section in the document and each of them has a page number restart again from one, e.g.
    Section 1: Page 1 to Page 10
    Section 2: Page 1 to Page 25...
    and have to create hyperlink, all these page numbers repeat. To find the correct page it is necessary to scroll and check carefully which page with number 3 for example you need to hyperlink (page 3 from Section 1 or page 3 from Section 7...). My proposal is to create short index (maybe the first letters of senction's name) beside the page number in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Go to Page (book-aware version of command)

The Go to Page command only works within a document. The Go to Page in Book command would open up the requested page in the Book file, regardless of whether the document were open at the time or not.

This is a valuable command because when editing long books with many chapters, it is useful to go directly to a page to make a change. It saves having to take your hand off the keyboard to the mouse, open the possibly closed Book panel, find the file that is in the page range, double-click it to open it, and then…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow cross-reference to document not currently open

I am writing a book, in the form on an InDesign Book. It has 18 chapters, each in its own document. Often I want to add a cross-reference link to a paragraph in another document in the book, but the only choices I'm given are to other documents ALREADY open in InDesign. Please let me do that. I do not need to see the other document in order to know that I want to link to it. It clutters up my workspace.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. InDesign index review. Add word highlighting when selecting the entry.

The InDesign index feature is really neat, except when trying to review the entries that are added after using the add all command. This is especially problematic when multiple entries for that word exist on the page. Currently, I have to click "go to selected marker" where it puts my insertion point at the beginning of the marker. These are very difficult to locate, especially when using 4K monitors.

Instead, it would be nice if I could click the marker entry in the index panel and have it magically take me to the page AND highlight the entry so that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Liquid text fields for forms

Allow for text fields to expand (liquid) within middle of a sentence/paragraph. And be able to retain copy placeholder for forms when exporting to interactive PDFs

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Auto-activate adobe fonts in book panel

It would be helpful if InDesign could auto-activate any Adobe Fonts used in individual documents when adding them to a book file in the Book Panel.

Currently InDesign displays a message warning about missing fonts/reflow etc and the only way to activate the fonts is to open each document in turn and go through the activation process separately for every document.

It would be helpful to have the option to have InDesign activate any of these missing fonts that are available on Adobe Fonts automatically when a document is added, or as a book-wide feature like syncing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Notes in Pages Panel

When working on a large document like a book (particularly if you are designing the book while you are producing it), you are constantly revising parts of the page, then going back to refine it as the design evolves. It would be great if you could mark up the Pages Panel with notes (like PDF markups) in the pasteboard like space around the spread icons. This would allow you to leave yourself or others on a team critical information about what is a placeholder and what should be reconsidered.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Change position of Trashcan icon in Index palette

You can create a new index entry at the cursor position by dragging an existing page reference to the Create New Index Entry icon at the bottom of the Index palette. However, that icon is adjacent to the Trash icon, and both are small. It is too easy to drag the existing page reference onto the Trash icon instead, thus deleting (without a warning!) the existing entry instead of creating a new one. Moving the Trash icon to between the Update Preview or Generate Index icons would reduce this risk. Or add some space and/or a vertical line before the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Book files | make list of all files seachable and make groups for better overview

When having a Bookfile with a lot of files in it. It is nearly not possible to find the right files. It would be nice if it would be possible to make any groups and make it searchable to find them easier.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Layer selection when creating Table of Contents

A book having multiple subdocuments in which 3 different languages are used, that each have their own layer, should have a selection of which layer should be addresses when generating the table of contents for it, so that the ToC can also be made in the different languages, per layer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pages panel for book wiev

I want the pages panel to display the whole book. Sometimes it is very useful to see the transitions between chapters before exporting to PDF. Double click a page and it opens the file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. H&Js

Please add several built-in H&Js that we can preselect and let us create and also let us save our own so that we can reuse them in different styles and different documents.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Condition Sets: Show overrides when the set has a +

In every other panel, when there is a style override, resulting in a + symbol, if you hover over the symbol, it will tell you specifically what the overrides are. For example, a different type size, or font family or leading or something along those lines.

But in the Condition Sets dropdown, all you get is that there are overrides. And you can either clear them or redefine the set. But if I choose to clear the overrides, I have no way of knowing what the result will be.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Flatplan in Bridge

Preparing a magazine without a publication tool like Woodwing or PlanSystem is challenging. You need a flatplan, yet such a tool does not currently exist.

It would be sufficient if Bridge could display all the pages of an InDesign document and allow the insertion of PDFs for advertisements between them. Then, linking this sequence of pages to the document's pagination would be necessary.

This would be a great help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Improve Performance when Using Multiple Paragraph Styles with GREP

I love the capability of using GREP in a paragraph style, but cannot use it much without penalty. If I used too many, the performance slows way down and crashes occur much more often. I have a high horsepower PC and a Macbook Pro with apple silicone, both with 32GB ram and both suffer from this issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here