1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

710 results found

1. Need an Ignore button for Missing Fonts in imported PDF Image files, like JPGs.

Have an Ignore button for Missing Fonts in imported JPG PDF's.
    When graphic PDF's are imported Indesign tries to recognise the fonts when there are no fonts there, like the name of a street sign or shop sign.. If I don't want it to recognize PDF imports there should be a button to ignore font substitutions. Instead I often get a hindered font errors where non exist and no way to clear them.

Have verified with Adobe InDesign and Adobe PDF technical support that there is no way to ignore these errors and it needs to be a "Feature"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please add this function: Insert Special Character > Markers > Last page

This would add the ability to insert a 'Page A of Z' (Z being the last page in the document) on the masterpage. So a page would show 'Page 7 of 24'.
    Today I can put 'Page A of 24' in the master, but if the number of pages change I have to change the number manually and it seems this would be easily implemented?

Please :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ligatures - a completely stupid *OPTION* Adobe shoves down our throats

So, ligatures is rearing it's ugly head again.

I simply cannot fathom why Adobe feels the need to shove this option down our throats.

I am working with documents I have used in the past 2-3 months and now, I would guess a recent update to InDesign, the ligatures option is on by default and is now reformatting my documents for me.

Great. Thanks Adobe. Thought you were a professional software development company, clearly not.

Can you not understand the MASSIVE IMPACT this has on my workflow, now having to check all pages of all documents I am sending out…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Scaling with conditional text

When scaling a text box allow all hidden conditional text to scale. As of now only the visible text scales. This is extremely inconvenient when working with a lot of conditional text,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Required Font Usage Pallet In Floatting with adjustable size

The Font Usage or Find/Replace Font windows need to be redesigned as like link panel. This existing window/dialogue box is not user friendly.

List of issues which has to be addressed:
    The windows is not sizable, so if we have a font with lengthy name, then some characters will be hidden at the end.
    We can only view 7 fonts at a time, so if a document uses more that this count. We need to scroll for long way and which is a tedious task. That portion of window should be sizable as like link pallet.
    Once we accessed the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hyperlink Window Add-on Feature

I know i'm not the only one who uses the typography workspace. But when creating an interactive PDF or E-Catalog of sorts hyperlinks can be one of the finest features. The problem: editing said hyperlinks. Not the editing of the links themselves but the fact that in order to we have to have our type cursor in or on the link. What about adding a button in the hyperlink window to speed up workflow for individuals who use the hyperlinks exclusively?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. More robust Variable Font support

Please provide a more robust Variable Font support. I am running Id v 15.1.1.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to create a custom Glyph

I need to insert in text symbols that appear on products - I have the symbols as an image which can easily be converted into bitmap/eps or whatever is needed in Photoshop.
    It would be nice to be able to great a custom Glyph set and create your own library of regularly used symbols - I have about 200 of them from the technical writing I do. Inserting them and getting them to "stay put" is very time consuming and it would-be much easier if they worked just like putting in a symbol from a wingdings font or similar. It…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A customisable list of acronyms and words that the program can be made to use

I know that there is the ability to use a user dictionary which I use, but it would be nice if there was a exceptions list to put works in that would stop the autocorrect trying to change them or if they are put in - incorrectly they are changed to the right version. For example ISO seems to end up as Iso or ISo even though its been added to the user dictionary and Auto correct and There are some American words that I have to use as they are product related - Customization rather than customisation. Also to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Glyph preference

Hello,

I've encountered a problem where a client is requesting all glyphs for the letter 'g' be changed to an alternate glyph within the same typeface.

Whilst style and GREP methods might work, a method to be able to quickly change the default primary glyph within a set would be amazing.

Currently I can see a small triangle in the corner of the primary used glyph within the glyph window, but would love to be able to move that to the alternate version for that font on that machine within InDesign.

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add a thesaurus to Indesign (not Incopy), if MS word can do it why can't Adobe?

Please add a thesaurus to Indesign (not Incopy), if MS word can do it why can't Adobe?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Change character in default font

I'm looking for a way to change a character in my default font. I use the font family Proxima Nova (an Adobe font, what I have activated). In InDesign you can choose between two character for the letter 'a'. There I can change the font with find glyph en replace it for the other one.

It would be awesome to set that letter 'a' as a default 'a' in that typefont. Because this is an extra action I make for all my designs. Is there a way to change a character and set it as my default character in that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Touch type tool for Opentype feature does not show up while setting the paragraph in "Adobe World-Ready Single-line/ Paragraph Composer"

Touch type tool for Opentype feature does not show up while setting the paragraph in "Adobe World-Ready Single-line/ Paragraph Composer". The script, in this case, found while using Thai with the Opentype font with alternate glyphs.

We can access the feature, but have to go through the top right hamburger conner to select the stylistic set manually. It is disturbing work-flow while typing in bilingual languages; Thai and Latin.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Exclude specified paragraph or character style/s from spellcheck

Allow us to exclude from the spellcheck text with a specific paragraph or character style/s applied to it.

2 possible ways:
    1. a tick box in the paragraph or character style settings to say 'exclude from spellcheck'
    or 2. a field in the spellcheck window where you could nominate which styles to exclude.
    I think the first option would be the better one. it may be a good idea to have with it an alert in preflight 'these styles have been excluded from spellcheck:...' in case the box is left ticked accidentally.

This way we can exclude things like product…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Letter spacing for initial letter in a textbox

Please give the ability to set a negative letter spacing for the initial letter in a textbox. Currently letter spacing is only possible between letters.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Find

Find searches for anything that is NOT the term. eg. Find NOT 12 pt will select text that is not 12pt

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Footnotes and Endnotes

1a. Export as RichTextFormat ... should include Footnotes and Endnotes.
    1b. Export as HTML ... should include hyperlinked Footnotes and Endnotes.
    1c. Should have option to convert Footnotes and Endnotes to static text. This option should also be available when exporting as per above.
    1d. Above exports should also include any images that are part of the text flow, with an option of converting them to JPEG at a particular resolution.
    2. This would save having to muck around with the HTML code, or manually create static endnote numbers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Paragraph Rules in Find/Change

Please add Paragraph Rules to the Find Change dialog box. I often need to change rule thickness or color to paragraph rules that are not in a paragraph or character style. Manually changing each selection takes quite a bit of time and should be automated. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Clear All Style Sets—Right from the Style Set Menu

Since there are a lot of windows to get to the OpenType Style Sets, we need a button that can clear all the opentype features we've tried out. This can be put into the Stylistic Sets Menu. (See attached picture.)

This isn't just valuable to me. This is valuable to:
    1. Other users can feel free to use style sets, knowing that they can quickly clear all options, not spend minutes clicking through menus—Just to turn something off!
    2. Font designers might add more features into their fonts if the features are easier to use.
    3. You've already made that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Various footnotes options/formatting

When there are two stories in the document (eg. text and translation) with different styles, it's necessary for the footnotes of each one to have different styles also.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base