1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Placed pdfs lose accessibility and all the tags have to be re-created

When I import or place my pdfs and then export my indesign file all the tags disappear in the exported pdf. This is really annoying as all the tags have to be created again.
    Get my tags back , all the accessibility tags which the pdf had before.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Video quality in PDFs should be better

Videos shouldn't be integrated as Flash in 2020. There are better standards from HTML5.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Interactive calendar

would it be possible to add into the pdf interactive Button and Forms also an object like caledar? This fature is available in MS office documents and it will be very appriciated when created any kind of forms where date needed. Enclosed an screenprint from MS Word

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. File-size Preview

Seeing the estimated file-size preview prior to export taking place would be a huge benefit, when trying to hit a certain file size limit.

At least begin by allowing for file-size preview for files up to, say, 50mb? Then as time goes on, improve this feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. PDF tags are lost when placed in InDesign

When I place any PDF in Indesign (and this I do very often), which include pre-created accessible PDFs, the tags go away and the complete exported Pdf becomes inaccessible and tag-less.
    The only tag that I get in the exported PDF is <Figure> tag.
    Com'on adobe you can do better than this

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Preflight warning of unlicensed stock / watermarked images from CC Libraries

When publishing Preflight could warn of unlicensed stock / watermarked images from CC Libraries that are visible in the document.
    This would help prevent such mistakes from making it into the final published version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add New Tags for accessibility PDF creation

there are few default tags only available for export accessibility PDF, if we need to add "quote" tag there is no options please include.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Interactive PDF with validated (a.k.a. pre-formatted) fields

In inDesign, the PDF dialog really needs to have all of the functionality when formatting interactive fields as Adobe Acrobat Pro does.

I try to set up my interactive forms in inDesign for ease and efficiency of workflow, but when my manager asks me to "create them as validated fields" (i.e. the phone number is pre-formatted to be a 10 digit number input only, a SSN is also formatted to be a 9 digit number only, etc.) then I have to add another step in the process by re-doing the interactive fields in Acrobat, which is a major headache and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. make meta data optional on pdf export

PDFs are often very large when you use a lot pictures that includes meta data. After export you can clean the PDF by deleting meta data.
    Please allow to ignore meta data when exporting PDFs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve the time it takes to import to PDF in InDesign 2020

It takes up to 10 (ten) times as long to export to PDF in InDesign 2020 compared to InDesign 2019. These are files linked to graphics, not just text files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow to export interactive PDF with CMYK colorspace, or allow to include interactive elements into printable PDF

This feature is highly needed. And after all, it makes no sense: PDF format supports both interactive forms and CMYK tagged graphics, but for some reason it's impossible to combine PDF text boxes with CMYK graphics.
    My current project, for example, needs a batch of interactive documents in which worker must fill necessary fields every day AND then print few thousands of copies. This operation must be performed manually and frequently.
    And instead of creating single PDF with text box I'm forced to recreate required PDF with necessary data. It's illogical and meaningless.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Assemble book for printing

I use French InDesign 2020 in Windows 10 environment, mainly for book editing.
    There is an annoying bug when I assemble the book for printing. InDesign asks for a location to assemble the different files, incorporate the fonts, images, etc. It proposes as folder name "Dossier Book name" (Dossier meaning Folder in French). It is not possible to save in an existing folder (created for instance by a former assembly), the programme asking for a non-existing folder. Unfortunately, it is not possible to delete the pre-existing folder, because Windows considers that this folder is being opened in the programme EVEN…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Datamerge export as PDF/VT or other variable print file format (such as VPS)

I use the datamerge function alot to create variable print products such as letters with names and address etc. I also use variable graphivs too. The problem is that when I have an 80,000 run the PDF files and ripping times are getting longer and longer. Ideally I want to be able to export as a PDF/VT file format or a VPS. This will mean that instead of sending the graphics 80,000 times to the RIP of the printer it will instead send the graphic once and the data and graphics are assembled as it prints. There are external plugins…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sync PDF Export Options

It'd be great to sync custom PDF export presets in Creative Cloud. Right now, PDF presets are saved locally, so they are not accessible across different devices. If Creative Cloud synced these settings, it would be very helpful for productivity across different machines.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 page pdf from multiple pages

create 2 page pdfs from a multiple page document, it already allows this as spreads but not as one page following another

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Background Task Toggle on/off

The Background Task hangs when making a PDF. Add a toggle on/off of the Background Tasks to force a foreground PDF export. This has been an issue for many years and still isn't corrected!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Integrate PDF comments directly with Document Cloud 'Send for Review'

Currently it's very effective to download a PDF from Document Cloud after using the Acrobat DC 'Send for Review' and then import the comments into InDesign using the PDF comments panel.

It would be great to cut out the Acrobat round-trip and have InDesign export a file for review directly to Document Cloud, and then automatically add the reviewers comments back into the ID workspace.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Path elements as Artifact

To create an accessible PDFs it’s essential to either tag relevant content or mark irrrelevant content as Artifact. In InDesign you can use the object export options to mark an object as “Artefact”.

So far so good, however any path elements from tables or underlined/strikethrough text are not marked at all. Obviously, those always need to be marked as an Artifact. InDesign should do this automatically during the pdf export process. Please fix that, it’s extremly time consuming to fix that manually in Acrobat.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base