InDesign totally unusable for large threaded tables after 2015 version
Using Windows 10 Pro, high end computer (Ryzen 1800X, 32Gb RAM, NVMe SSD, 1080Ti)
Create an Excel file with 8000 rows of random data, place into InDesign with as unformatted table.
Use shift-click to create pages and thread the table to each page.
Try to scroll without InDesign freezing for 30 seconds. I can't.
I have tried:
- Cleaning preferences / logging on different username to have a fresh profile
- Using a different computer
- Turning off preflight
- Using fast display performance
- Change the composer away from world ready, trying single line instead of paragraph
- Turned off Type Contextual Controls
There is ONE thing that works: use InDesign 2015. Nothing after that, up to CC2019 / 14.0.2, is even remotely usable. I do this kind of work a lot and it's a shame the newer versions don't work for me.
1 commentComments are closed
Seems much improved in 14.0.3