CC 2019 crashes on macOS when running SDK plug-in
Specifically, the crashes at code "actionManager->PerformAction(activeContext, kOpenStructureWinActionID)".
Our code uses that action to show/hide the structure view.
And the crash also be reproducable in the sample plugin from InDesign SDK.
Only occurs on macOS, Windows do not have the issue.
The steps are:
1. Compile the plugin "SnippetRunner.sdk.InDesignPlugin" which is in InDesign CC 2019 SDK.
2. Load it in InDesign.
3. Create a new blank document
4. On SnippetRunner[US] panel, select ManipulateStructureView from dropdown list.
5. Click Go icon, and choose ChangeStructureViewState(toogle)
6. Click OK button
Crash log attached.
Sanyam Talwar commented
We have released InDesign CC2019.0.2 with lot of stability fixes. If you are not on 184.108.40.2064 then I would recommend you to upgrade to latest version as it is more robust.
If you still face this issue even after updating, please submit the crash report to us. (Guidelines to submit crash are available at https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)
Also, please send the following information to email@example.com :
• Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when InDesign crashed?
• Error snapshot or video recording of the issue?
• Does Trashing preference and cache, please create a backup of Preference and cache before trashing them, help to resolve the issue?
Adobe InDesign Team
Any update would be appreciated.