Bug details

Hyperlinks not detected

The "Convert URLs to Hyperlinks" function in the hyperlinks panel is not working properly in CC 2018. Not all the links are detected. There doesn’t seem to be any logic in which links are detected and which are not, it seems very random.

6 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

I tried out with various hyperlinks and the function is working fine for me.

Please try it out with the latest release and even then if you encountering the same issue,
please provide sample documents with which you are facing the issue or just add a small video (on WeTransfer/Youtube/Dropbox) and share the link.

Please do mention your machine configuration like OS, Locale.

You can also send files/links directly to paawasth@adobe.com

Thanks & Regards
Payal Awasthi (InDesign Team)

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Payal Awasthi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

    Hi,

    I tried out with various hyperlinks and the function is working fine for me.

    Please try it out with the latest release and even then if you encountering the same issue,
    please provide sample documents with which you are facing the issue or just add a small video (on WeTransfer/Youtube/Dropbox) and share the link.

    Please do mention your machine configuration like OS, Locale.

    You can also send files/links directly to paawasth@adobe.com

    Thanks & Regards
    Payal Awasthi (InDesign Team)

  • carrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

    I'm having the same issue. Still. And the convert function includes punctuation, now. It's horrible.

  • Jessica van Wijngaarden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

    This is indeed a very irritating bug.

    In previous releases this was a very useful option although some email addresses were not recognized correctly. The problem with the email addresses seems to be tackled in CC2018, but now most URL's are not recognized anymore.

Feedback and Knowledge Base