Bug details

My InDesign CC window will not minimise into the dock?

Hi,

Not sure where to go with this one but I have just upgraded to Adobe CC and noticed that I'm unable to 'Minimise' the window in InDesign and also noticed that it won't do it in Illustrator but Photoshop does minimise (ODD!)

All it will do is when you double click it fills to fit screen and then the opposite.

I have posted this onto the forum and others have mentioned that they are also experiencing this problem.

(I have turned on the 'Double -click a windows title bar to minimize' in the System Preferences)

Please could you help me out?

Spec: InDesign CC 13.0.1
MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra 10.12.2

Cheers

6 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Darren James shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Armin Herzog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem. Reinstalled my mac and the feature isn't working anymore. Only in Indesign. High Sierra.

• Tom C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am running Mojave on a 2018 iMac and if I do a command-M it will minimize the InDesign window

• JoAnn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am experiencing this as well (Adobe CC 2019 running on 2018 iMac High Sierra.) Minimize into dock has been a feature in Adobe products for years, so why remove it? Making an already large window fill the entire screen is definitely not helpful and not useful.

• Mari O'Donnell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This missing feature is driving me nuts. PLUS all the other ADOBE products minimize. This is a disruption of work flow

• Sandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since I restalled my mac on high sierra I have the same problems with indesign and illustrator (photoshop and acrobat work fine).
    It was fine while I worked with high sierra (which was an system updgrade on the old system. But then I decided to delete all files and install the mac completely new with high sierra … It's really nasty when the minimize double click does not work! Is there any solution of the problem by now?

Feedback and Knowledge Base