Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rollover images "stick" in Interactive PDF

Hi, I am working on the document that contains multiple rollovers. All of them "stick" at one point or another, the images will change to "rollover" state but not to the normal state when hovering off. This is very confusing for the end-users. Please see attached pdf. I am using InDesign CC 2018.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. InDesign performance issue: Hangs when exporting to PDF

1. Latest Indesign CC, Windows 10
    2. ID would sometimes not finish the export to PDF task and hangs for minutes. It must then be killed in the task manager. During this it constantly consumes a big lot of RAM and CPU power. See attachment.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Weight remains on text when exported to pdf even if changed to zero.

I am using InDesign CC 2019 14.01 x64.

Once a stroke weight has been added, if you then change the stroke weight back to zero, then when you export to pdf the pdf will have a stroke weight added to the text, even though the indesign document looks correct. It may not have the original amount of weight that was added, but it will definitely have what looks to be around a .2 weight added.

However, if you were to start a new document, then add stroke weight, then click edit - undo stroke weight, then it would export to…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "View PDF after exporting" previously opened acrobat, now my computer switches between opening Illustrator, Mircosoft Word, rarely Acrobat

I've set my computer to use Acrobat as default, yet perhaps you could add an Application of choice to use when view exported PDF.

Not sure if it's just a bug, but any fix would be welcome. Thank you!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export to PDF (print file) causing Data Merge to return incorrect data

1. Creating csv file with UTF-16 encoding and 299 entries.
    2. Creating new InDesign file, importing CSV data via Data Merge.
    3. Preview data via Data Merge panel, everything is in place, no problems to solve.
    4. Exporting PDF from saved document (PDF/X-4:2010 settings).
    5. PDF starts with page, where instead of first record is a placeholder name (name of the column in csv) and some records are missing (296 pages instead of 299).

Tried different methods: use txt instead of csv, use different UTF encodings (8/16, with and without BOM, etc.). Nothing helps.
    -
    Win10, latest updates. InDesign CC…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. PDF Hyphenation Bug when line has cross-reference, hyphenated word, and option is to create Tagged PDF

When exporting an InDesign document to PDF, the hyphenated word is displayed incorrectly in the output PDF.

It only happens with a line that has cross-reference object, hyphenated word, and option is to create Tagged PDF.

InDesign 2019 (14.0.1) (MAC/PC) . Also tried it with previous versions and it has the same issue.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Generic check mark reappears in PDF check box after exporting to Acrobat Pro

InDesign 14.0.2 and Acrobat Continuous 2019.10.20099

This issue is about the behavior and appearance of interactive check boxes in documents that have been exported to Interactive PDFs.

There is a difference in the way that check boxes created in InDesign behave and appear versus those created in Acrobat Pro. The Acrobat Pro Forms preferences are involved in this difference.

When, in Acrobat Pro Forms Preferences, under Highlight Color, the “Show border hover color for fields” option is selected, check boxes created in InDesign behave and appear in the following manner.

When a check box is made active, it first appears…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Data Merge to PDF (using the new single page export feature) does not work properly

Using the packaged folder attached, go to the Data Merge panel and select Export to PDF. Click OK on the first dialog box and in the second dialog box, make sure the "Create Separate PDF files" checkbox is checked.
    Expected result - 6 PDFs that have correct content in each PDF.
    Actual result - 6 PDFs that have incorrect content. PDF 1 is fine, but PDFs 2-6 are the same content as PDF 2.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Tabs in Arabic text move weight declaration to the wrong place

When placing an Arabic weight statement (e.g. "13g") followed by a tab and a percentage (e.g. "19%"), the weight declaration ("g" or "mg") moves to the percentage when exporting to pdf. Only when setting PDFX/1a:2001 is selected the output is correct. But this setting removes all layers and flattens transparencies so it's not very useful.
    A workaround is to place a space after the tab (so on the left side since this is a right to left language).
    See screen shot in attachment. On top = InDesign file, bottom = pdf created from this file using PDFX/4. The top line…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. InDesign opens destination folder when exporting.

My InDesign opens the destination folder when exporting PDF-files. In my work I export files daily and I have to export them separately. So when I do this, after the export has completed successfully, the destination folder opens up automatically, which is very annoying. I can't seem to find any place, where I can turn this off. I can only turn it ON, if I don't export separately.

1. brand new update CC 2019
    2. Create a document with more than 2 pages. Export all the pages separately.
    3. That it exports the pages separately into the destination folder without…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Accessible PDF Alternative Text Fail When Object Set to Multiply

InDesign 14.0.2

When an object is set to "multiply" in Effects and exported to Interactive PDF, there is a Alternative Text fail reported when running Accessibility Full Check. When the "multiply" effect is removed, there is a clean report. Please fix.

Attached are both the original file (with multiply on) and the PDF generated. If you remove multiply, it works.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  Anasuiya Gupta responded

Hi Michael

Thanks for reporting the issue. This is a known bug and is currently under review.

Regards
    Anasuiya Gupta

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base