Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

123 results found

1. Packaging with Include PDF (Print) selected doesn't properly render .ai images

I have never been able to successfully use the "Include PDF" option when packaging files. I usually package, then export the pdf using my presets, then combine the files in the finder because the pdfs never come out correctly. It seems the problem is only with how it renders ai files. Color mode doesn't matter. The same thing happens whether or not I choose High Quality Print, Press Quality, PDFx1a, etc. Any solutions for this yet? It has been the case since the "Include PDF" feature was first released.  Example has exported pdf on the left, and package generated pdf…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Packaging without fonts folder

I use Adobe InDesign 17.0.1 versionin Windows. I had to reinstall the program because of my device is new. My problem is during packaging. I use my own font (not an Adobe font) and I have permission to use it. The font family has installed on my device, but the fonts folder is still missing from the final folder after packaging. 'Copy font' is selected during packaging.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Index Sorting is not matching with Microsoft Word Sorting feature

We received an escalation from our client that sorting on the index entries generated from InDesign is not matching with MS-Word sorting. Attached the marking received from client for your quick reference, please confirm whether we can consider this as Bug and can be fixed in the upcoming versions?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?