2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dragon by Nuance to dictate directly into InDesign

This is an ADA accessibility issue.

Allow Dragon by Nuance to dictate text directly into InDesign. (Mac, Dragon 6.0.7).

This is been a constant problem with compatibility between Dragon and InDesign. I've spoken with both companies help departments about this and each blames the other for not being compatible.

That is where things stood until for different problem I had to have Adobe help via remote access login as root and remove all Adobe installations and files.

After complete reinstall of Adobe products in design accepted dictation from Dragon for about three days. This to me indicates it is a…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. auto save

where i can set up a selected time that the document saves eg every 5 minutes

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Faster way of following hyperlinks

Make it so Ctrl-clicking a hyperlink (or cross-reference) takes you to the destination instead of having to clumsily open a dialog box, find the link, and push the corresponding button. (Didn't Pagemaker do this long ago?)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Send PDF comment status from InDesign back to originating PDF

I love and successfully use the Import PDF Comments function in InDesign. I work through them in ID and Accept and Mark Resolved them in the PDF Comments panel. But…

Feature request: please give us the option to send the comment status from the ID PDF Comments panel back to the originating PDF. Our workflow continues to use that original PDF for comparison with the new PDF to cross-check that the alterations were made. We don't necessarily want to turn our editors loose in our InDesign files thereby introducing the chance for unintended and unnoticed changes. Thank you. ~Signed, the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to create interactive PDF forms in InDesign

Ability to create interactive PDF forms in InDesign with all fields available as Acrobat Pro and be able to live test the form and make changes within InDesign rather than having to export the PDF each time to test the form.

I make forms for clients and it gets very annoying when I set up hundreds of fields in InDesign and finalise a form and a client sees a typo so I have to go back in InDesign and make the fix and then re-export the file and add other fields again to it.

Would also like a feature with…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Quicklook

I would love InDesign to natively support Quicklook on the Mac - the way of previewing documents by hitting the spacebar. There are third party plugins, but they have broken with the release of Catalina/InDesign 2020, and it would be great if ID could natively support this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Chromebook

Hello to the Adobe InDesign Geniuses! I write this with a heavy heart, I have been a mac holdout/Windows Defender when it comes to Adobe products (Photoshop) since the Mid 1990's If I had to guess, 1995 or 1996. I LOVE Adobe Products and have a huge distaste for mac. I am reaching a breaking point with Windows, they are trying to make an OS SOOO much more and constantly causing problems, I just had to re install windows on 5 computers due to the latest update that I have yet to have one Windows tech support expert agree as…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add conditions to Data Merge

There should be conditions in data merge to include or exclude text based on the data in a record. For example, consider a set of business cards. Some users might have a Twitter handle or mobile number, some might not. Currently there is no way to omit empty fields and any text that might go with it, like an "M" and tab to prefix a mobile number and the line break after it. There should be a way to make that text conditional on whether the field is empty or what is in it.

e.g. IF @mobile<>"",M^t@mobile^p,,)

If the mobile…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. One-click, easy install for Hunspell dictionaries

Please, please make the adding of Hunspell language dictionarys easier.

Have just added a Hunspell language dictionary to InDesign. Wow! What a difficult un-user friendly process. I had to Google to find the baffling instuctions and followed the lengthy guide on InDesignSecrets website.

It's not just me that finds the whole thing so complicated - the InDesignSecrets instructions end with the following words -
    "I never expected installing Hunspell dictionaries to be such an ordeal. And I can understand if these instructions have scared you off. But if you’ve made it all the way down here, you’re obviously need to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to search child folders when using Relink to Folder

Have a checkbox that tells indesign to also search child folders when using the "Relink to Folder" feature. To keep it from searching too far, you could also include a box to specify how many "layers" down to check.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export to tiff/psd

One, very obvious feature is missing form indesign: export document to tiff. This feature should allow exporting all pages to separate tiff/psd files, preferably with preserved layers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. bleed check

Missing bleed" check? Kind of like missing font or missing link, with the "Go To" function so we can easily find missing bleeds through hefty documents?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Back button in Spellcheck

Please, Please, Please put a back button in the spellcheck. I have literally been waiting for this for years! Such a simple request. So Easy to add. Please do this!! Thanks!!!! :)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Generated captions match FULL IPTC from Photoshop

Hi.
    I’m trying to get those lines from Stock images I buy :
    <photoshop:Credit>byheaven - stock.adobe.com</photoshop:Credit> <photoshop:Source>93738394</photoshop:Source>

I found no way to do that in inDesign with the current caption tool.

But what became funny was comparing Photoshop’s RAW DATA info :

&lt;pur:creditLine&gt;

&lt;rdf:Bag&gt;
    &lt;rdf:li&gt;byheaven - stock.adobe.com&lt;/rdf:li&gt;
    &lt;/rdf:Bag&gt;
    &lt;/pur:creditLine&gt;

with what inDesign gets me as XMP info :

</dc:title>

&lt;photoshop:AuthorsPosition&gt;camera and album with old family photos&lt;/photoshop:AuthorsPosition&gt;

&lt;photoshop:ColorMode&gt;3&lt;/photoshop:ColorMode&gt;
    &lt;photoshop:ICCProfile&gt;sRGB IEC61966-2.1&lt;/photoshop:ICCProfile&gt;
    &lt;photoshop:History&gt;HASH(0x2d15488), HASH(0x2d15710), HASH(0x2d15740), HASH(0x2d15290), HASH(0x2d15770), HASH(0x2d15350), HASH(0x2d15428)&lt;/photoshop:History&gt;
    &lt;tiff:Compression&gt;6&lt;/tiff:Compression&gt;

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Production notes

It would be great if I'd have the possibility to add notes to areas which are only internal. Often you have to make tweaks to get the result you want, but when you have to produce the next version, probably a year later, you don't know anymore, why you did what in this way. If I could add notes it would be very helpful.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Auto disable Preview when saving data merged file

When previewing a data merged file, you can't save it as you get an error message saying you need to disable the preview. Why can't it do it automatically, allowing you to save. It's slightly annoying!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to open or otherwise import/place Microsoft Publisher files directly.

As a commercial printer, we often receive customer created work in Publisher files. Working with these documents in InDesign would be a huge timesaver.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. show last time saved in closing pop-up

I forget sometimes when the last time I saved a document I have open, and when I go to close it, it asks, Save/Don't Save/Cancel. I wish it said a time stamp of the last time it was saved so I don't have to save it if I already saved it 5 mins ago and didn't really make any worthy changes. Yes I could just look at the file info in the finder, just seems like a simple thing to add to save some time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. convert paths to GUIDE

Ability to convert tracks to GUIDE as already happens in Illustrator. Function that is missing and in my opinion very useful to determine reference guides with traced shape, oblique etc ... evaluate this proposal.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I think it`s very inconvenient that you can't sync (or save) your settings.

I think it`s very inconvenient that you can't sync (or save) your settings. This feature has been there. Why take away something that makes it harder for users it use to be the other way around.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base