1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

666 results found

1. Please allow resizing of a document with the ease of Illustrator's resizing tools.

Please allow a document resizing tool, much like the tool in AI, for quick and easy document resizing. Sometimes it's hard to know what size I need the document to be so I have to go in multiple times to edit the size.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Lock anchored object(s)

When creating a complex text box with anchored objects used as decoration, it'd be great to be able to "lock" the anchored object(s) in a way that selecting all text and pasting other text wouldn't delete the anchored object(s).

We have a "Prevent Manual Positioning" checkbox, it could be a similar "Prevent Special Character Deletion", so the anchored object(s) are locked and safe unless it is unchecked.

Would that be possible?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Update links in the background

Links should be updated in the background. It is always annoying when you have to wait for an image to load (possibly off a server) and you have to wait for it. Maybe the frame to update should just be locked until updated but not the whole document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. variable images

It would be great if we could utilize the concepts of Data Merge and Conditional Text, maybe even along with Master Pages. For example, I have a long document 6 chapters that have four main sections each, but within each section there are 2 additional layouts that I need to apply. With all of the variations of the content if I were to make master pages for all of them I would end up with 80+ and that won't be functional

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Content to Frame with Live Typography

If there is a fit to frame to content tool. We should get a fit content to frame tool that works with live typography.

I am not sure if this is a feature or not. I am also about to get more into creative coding so I would really appreciate it if you could get back to me with an explanation as to how you automate a feature like that with code.

Thanks for reading this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. QR code for EPC/Sepa cannot be generated in indesign

I do not understand why, but plain text qr codes for EPC/Sepa are not correct when generated in indesign. They cannot be scanned from the bank apps.

europeanpaymentscouncil.eu/sites/default/files/kb/file/2018-05/EPC069-12%20v2.1%20Quick%20Response%20Code%20-%20Guidelines%20to%20Enable%20the%20Data%20Capture%20for%20the%20Initiation%20of%20a%20SCT.pdf

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Snap to Glyph option like the one that exists in Illustrator

Not much to elaborate on, but I'd love to see this option available in InDesign as I frequently find it useful in Illustrator. When trying to align objects to the center of the text, as opposed to the text box (because the text box is taller than the text), this would be amazing.

Alternatively - a way to double click on the top-most midpoint of the text box and have it autosnap to the glyph height. This is virtually identical to the feature that already exists within InDesign.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Uneven columns

Being able to adjust where the column gutters is placed. Or adjust the individual widths of each colum within a text box.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Lock/Unlock all objects in an entire document

Currently we can lock/unlock an object or all objects on a spread. But what about getting the same features for an entire document so that you don't need to manually do this for every spread?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. SVG Import/Export with device-cmyk()

Please respect device-cmyk() beside its RGB/hex color value for CMYK output in SVG file import and – if it will hopefully be implemented soon – in SVG file export of InDesign, e.g.
    <circle fill="#CD853F device-cmyk(0.11, 0.48, 0.83, 0.00)" />

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. vertical scrolling

I would like to be able to view my InDesign document as single-page scrolling instead of as a spread. When on my laptop, I can't easily see the text on the pages if I'm in a spread, and I'm often making changes with an open PDF next to me, so if I could scroll them together, it would be so helpful. I can't believe at this point in InDesign's evolution that this isn't an option. (I want to keep the spread view as well but would like the option to view single-page.) Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Trasuzione italiano InDesign

Nella versione italiana di InDesign, nella sezione Capilettera e stili nidificati della funzione Stili di paragrafo, si legge "compresa" e "fino a". Questa non è una traduzione molto chiara, sarebbe molto più chiaro che ci fosse scritto "fino a (incluso)" e "fino a (escluso)".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stop the slowdown when Apple Time Machine kicks in

InDesign slows down when Apple Time Machine kicks in every hour to write incremental backups to an external device.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Smart Layer Placement

Allow the designer to choose what kind of element belongs on the layer so that when assets are brought into the document they are automatically placed within the appropriate layer. For example, if the designer sets a layer to "Photography" then all raster-based imagery is automatically placed on that layer.

Other layer categories could be Type, Vector Art, Shapes (and by that I mean InDesign shapes), and more. Of course, once placed, the designer could then move elements to other layers as needed.

Additionally, if the document has already been created and elements have already been placed, then there could…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. DATA MERGE - bigger window with current record please

Hello,
    I often use data merge option and i struggle with too small window with current record that cover last digit in >999 numbers. To see the whole number I have to hold the mouse cursor over it.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to copy link name only from links panel, as additional option to 'copy platform style path' 'full user path' etc.

I often copy links from one spread to another document and then need to search for the link on a a media archive for a client. It would be really helpful to be able to just copy the link name alone, through right clicking the link in the links panel (even better, without extension!) for searching purposes. This would also be helpful when searching your machine or a server for a missing link.

The only time I use this function is when searching elsewhere for an image / link, and therefore need to use one of the existing options, and…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add an "Align to Bleed" in the Align panel/options or Snap to Bleed in View.

The align pallet is invaluable to me as I design catalogs with lots of pages with bleed that switch from left to right regularly during the process, with different backgrounds too. However, when aligning to bleed, I have to manually line up the backgrounds with the bleed line, and its a minor inconvenience not to mention leaves room for human error. Would love to be able to quickly align my backgrounds to right or left outside bleeds, and also snap my backgrounds to the bleed line to make sure it is 100 percent lined up. Sometimes it looks like it…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Be able to access loaded place cursor.

When you place multiple images they are in the loaded place cursor until you place all of them. If you do not place all of them it is not possible to get back to the loaded cursor with the rest of the images.

Being able to access the loaded place cursor with remaining images either through a shortcut or interface would be great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. link objects, like link layers in photoshop

in photoshop, we can "link" the layers to select and edit linked layers at the same time while maintaining the order of the layers.
    (https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/selecting-grouping-linking-layers.html)
    When creating images such as attachments, I can't group them(paperclip) because I'm afraid the order will change. link feature such as photoshop(link layers) will be very useful in this situation..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. link objects, like link layers in photoshop

in photoshop, we can "link" the layers to select and edit linked layers at the same time while maintaining the order of the layers.
    (https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/selecting-grouping-linking-layers.html)
    When creating images such as attachments, I can't group them(paperclip) because I'm afraid the order will change. link feature such as photoshop(link layers) will be very useful in this situation..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 33 34
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base