Improving the various options of footnotes
In one of the latest versions of InDesign, endnotes have undergone a significant upgrade as they have become live endnotes than static endnotes. But unfortunately, the footnotes are left far behind.
We really ask that you rewrite the footnote feature so that the following features are possible:
1) Select all the footnotes at once (by Cmd + A or Ctrl + A)
2) Option to split footnotes into a number of columns is different from the main text (not just span footnotes but complete control over the number of columns)
3) Continuous footnotes in the same paragraph (run-in).
4) Possibility to add any decoration or title to the footnotes (and not just the 'Rule above')
5) Option for a different position of the footnotes on the page, and not just at the bottom (side notes)
6) Possibility to control the footnote settings for each story individually.
Antonio Mendes commented
Really critical for me (point 2). I'm working with academic journals and, yes, footwork seems to do the job, but it's to much expensive…
Currently, you can do almost all of the above (except #5) with a 3rd-party add-on called Footwork: https://www.id-extras.com/products/footwork/
אגדתא עימוד ועריכה commented
MOST CRITICAL !
דחוף דחוף דחוף
ბუბუ ჭექა BUBU CHEQA commented
It is very important feature to be added as Bevi Chagnon said: "We need to have several different footnote number schemes in a document, such as 1,2,3 for body text, and *,**,*** for tables and figures — and each must be able to be restarted from "1" for each table or figure".
Bevi Chagnon | ACP commented
See additional footnote controls at https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/custom-footnotes/m-p/12352474#M443177
We need to have several different footnote number schemes in a document, such as 1,2,3 for body text, and *,**,*** for tables and figures — and each must be able to be restarted from "1" for each table or figure.
And we need custom patterns: in STEM documents, many scientists use their own combination of symbols for their references.
Shlomo Nizrit commented
מאוד חשוב ונצרך
מאוד קריטי לספר עם הרבה הערות
Dvir Ben David commented
Very very critical
shkedia dishi commented
Very important! Its critical please help us. Thank you
ישעי' וייס commented
שיראל שרביט commented
very very important!!!
מא ר commented
In design are at the head of the latest improvements in making editing and noting easier and this will add a very lot to make a great program even better and so much more user friendly thank you
Gili Halevi commented
Jasmine A. commented
A must for all.
Gili Halevi commented
GIl Halevi-IC commented
David Hillel commented
I wish Adobe will stop ignoring us
Orit Shechter commented