Make the Package feature open by default in the same folder where the indd file is located
Make the Package feature open by default in the same folder where the indd file is located. That is, when it's asking me which folder to place the package folder into. Currently it opens in the last folder Package feature was used to make a package.
1. I have indd in C:\1\1.indd
2. I use the Package function to make a package like C:\1\1 Folder
3. I have another indd in C:\2\2.indd
4. If I use the Package function now, when it first asks me which folder to put the package into, it shows me C:\1\, and I have to go an select the proper folder. It would be good if it defaults to the location of the file being packaged - in this case C:\2. That way I only have to press Package at the folder select dialog and be done with it.
Jacki Howard commented
Completely agree, it makes no sense that it works the current way.
Absolutely! The behavior is really inconsistent with the other export or save options.
• Save As > keeps the same directory of the file you are working in
• Export > keeps the same directory of the file you are working in
• Package > starts in the directory of the last file you packaged.
It's really annoying when I have 10 projects that are finalized and approved, and I just need to package them up really quick.
My current workflow to remedy this is to Save As... and then copy the relevant long directory in the file path bar that, then select Package and paste it over the irrelevant directory. It's a few extra clicks but it works.
I can see a workflow where package files exist outside of the working file, but at the very least give a check box option to package in the same directory as the active file.