How can we improve InDesign?

Display line number for each line in InDesign document

@Adobe: Please include the new option to display the line numbers for each line in InDesign document and also inlude the option to show the InDesign line number in output PDF.

Currently we are spending more time to add the line number in InDesign and PDF. Please include this feature in upcoming release.

I've attached the required output sample for your reference.

26 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bhupathi L shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essential for attorneys to use InDesign and InCopy. Many court rules require filings to be on pleading paper. Please use Word's simple line number feature as a model.

By the way, I have seen feature requests for this going back years. It's time.

• Alan Gilbertson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a critically important item in long document/book publishing. When a draft layout is sent for proofing, corrections can be referenced by page and line number to make the correction cycle quick and accurate. I have even done these changes live while on a call with the client on a hot deadline. The current workaround is to set up line numbers on their own layer on the master pages, but this is a multi-step process and awkward by comparison.

• Sundaramoorthy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very useful for us, it will save more time hope Adobe will consider this feature in upcoming releases.

• Raja Elumalai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its a useful feature which is already availble in the other typesetting softwares. Hope Adobe consisder this update. Thanks!

• Shan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's mandatory, I request Adobe to include utility as earlier as possible. Thanks In-advance.

• J.Dinesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Adobe: The last but not least, this is the last required option in InDesign to beat the Competition. Kindly include this provision as soon as possible.

Feedback and Knowledge Base