How can we improve InDesign?

Remove the menu bar from Publish Online when in full screen mode and make sure any remote clicker device can be used to present.

Several users in our practice would like to present animated InDesign presentations using Publish Online.
However nobody likes the menu bar appearing across the bottom of the screen, it's very distracting for anyone presenting onscreen.
Also, most people presenting onscreen would use a remote clicker to move through the slides, as you would in a PowerPoint presentation. However the remote clicker does not work with Publish Online. I would say that I could move our entire practice, with over 1,000 users over to Publish Online from PowerPoint if these two major factors were addressed. It's a shame because they are currently losing interest and reverting back to PowerPoint. This is very disappointing for me as an in-house Adobe trainer. Our users love InDesign and really wanted to get going with the animation and Publish Online, but these two issues are major problems for presenters all over the world.
Please help.

14 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Amanda Glover shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Martin Bangemann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The pages can be turned by use of the arrow-keys. To let the controls disappear a simple CSS-switch would do the trick. In a modern browser, you can actually do this the "hard way" by just deleting the entire "div.navbar-bottom" section while the document is open. As long as you don't refresh your browser, the "navbar" is GONE and stays that way.

This is NOT a solution to your request, just a work-around that might help with a specific presentation, but it clearly shows, how easy it should be for Adobe to implement a "key-press-command" to toggle the visibility of the controls. ;-)

Feedback and Knowledge Base