Easier Conditional Text in Tables
Currently, to apply conditional text to text inside tables, you have to go cell-by-cell to apply the text. This behavior is unlike character and paragraph style application, where you can simply select a bunch of cells and apply the styles all at once. Conditional text application to cell contents should behave the same.
Ryan G commented
4x per year I update a large price catalog that contains 6 different pricing conditions (US/International/Dealer/Distributor, etc) and two pricing columns for each condition (Qty 1-10 / Qty 11+). The SKU, Name and Description mostly stay the same for each (some conditional text here as well) but there is a lot of data that needs to be conditioned.
My dream workflow would look like this:
- Past from Excel the price content for Condition A into appropriate cells (many cells at once)
- Select those cells and apply Condition A
- Turn of Condition A (cells now appear empty)
- Past from Excel the content for Condition B (many cells at once) onto the same cells with hidden Condition A - retaining Condition A but now adding new, raw data.
- Select those cells and apply Condition B (would apply to only visible data)
- Now cells contain Condition A (hidden) and Condition B (visible)
- Repeat for each additional condition.
Alternatively - making whole rows/columns completely conditional could work. I could just have 12 rows of pricing, apply conditions to only view 2 rows at a time. Similar to hiding rows in Excel
And lastly - A quick fix for now would be to add a way to bind conditions to a shortcut like a style can be....