How can we improve InDesign?

Change Color picker

As a long time photoshop and illustrator user I can't handle the InDesign color picker. For a while I would get my color code from Photoshop/illustrator then copy that color into InDesign but it's become such a pain I've stopped using InDesign all together. At least give us an option for a color swatch that matches the other designs. It's literally causing my to give up using the app completely!

31 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Charlie Lehmer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David Bunnell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I could show my level of agreement through blood, I would. @Adobe, it's odd that you wouldn't just use the same color picker from Ai or Ps. Those applications share the same color picker but you treat InDesign like a troubled foster child who's lucky to have a color picker at all.

**To be clear, it's the worst color picker in all of software.**

TextEdit has a better color picker than InDesign. If the sadness of that statement isn't motivating then let me put it this way: TextEdit has a better color picker than InDesign.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!! the color picker in InDesign is incredibly hard to use. Feels like I can't even access some colors. Why is it different than the one that Illustrator uses?

• Frank Vitale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! Christ... come on Adobe this is ridiculous. I have to use two programs to choose a damn color! WTH how can this still be a problem, it's like a car with a square steering wheel.

• Mohammed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly agree, using colors in InDesign isn't a pleasant experience if you are working already with Photoshop or illustrator.

Feedback and Knowledge Base