1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spelling: "Ignore All" does not hold when reopening saved file

Spelling: "Ignore All" for items one doesn't want to put in the user dictionary, like proper names, citation references, etc. These one-time decisions are not sustained after saving and closing the ID file and starting again opening it the next time. Once these decisions are made, they should be saved with the file save and the user should not have to keep redoing them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow to navigate between book files with PgUp and PgDn

F.e. hitting PgDn at end of opened document which is in book should open next document in book on 1st page or switch to 1st page of next document if already opened.
    Obviously it should works with PgUp at start of document.

Just like it works in Framemaker.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Tailoring Fonts for Languages within Multilingual Documents

Sometimes large documents that have been translated into other languages will still have English written in them (company names, brand names, stuff that original creator wants to remain in English). Many times the English text will use a specific font, but that font does not support other alphabets/characters that appear in other languages, so the unsupported text comes up as red boxes.

There is no feature in InDesign that allows you to correctly identify the foreign language (all the red boxes) and lets you pick a different font WITHOUT changing the font for English. The only way to do this…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. About data merge

Merge single records also on double pages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. new document palette

The new layout palette window, starting new document, is very very slow to pen, and, while open, is very difficult to read. Older version are the best (version Cs6 for example) very simple and fast to open. Please return to older release!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Custom page attributes to use as text variables

It would be very helpful to have an option to add specific attributes to pages, such as a name, category, and labels.
    I would then like to use these attributes as text variables.
    Right now the only text variable you can define from the page window is Section Marker.

Also, it would be very helpful if the categorization would be also visual in the pages window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Open pages of a pdf file in a single InDesign file

I always face this problem where I need to open a single page of a pdf. file to do amendment. It’s difficulty when my client doesn’t have the working file (indd). I hope adobe is allowing me to open all pages of a pdf. file in a single InDesign.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. control blank document options when making new doc

When i go to create a new document, I look at presets but it continually shows me 'legal' etc (american sizes) which I've never used instead of A3, which I use often. I don't understand. WHy can't it either remember or let us organise them?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Instant Solve QuickBooks Error Code 80070057

When trying to open Company files in QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 may appear. This usually occurs when you don’t have the required authentication to delete or access the files from the folder. In order to deal with this problem in an efficient manner, you are only required to contact with expert techies. They are available round the clock at helpline number for instant response. So, make a single call on the given number and share your problems with them. In a short span of time, they will offer you effectual as well as relevant solution.
    https://www.quickbooksphonenumber.com/blog/quickbooks-error-80070057/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Numbering Pages

I wish you could make it easy to number pages - as easy as on Word. It is so complicated on InDesign and I have failed to make it work. As a result, I have had to publish books without numbered pages, and that is frustrating for all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Grid Page View

An option to view the pages within a single document in a grid layout, rather than just one continuous column of pages one below the other. It would be a valuable tool for designers that wish to view a lot of their pages at once, rather than having to continuously scroll up & down the many pages of an InDesign document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show colour settings for new documents

Hi there.
    Please add a drop down menu to choose colour intent when making new documents. By default, print presets are CMYK in colour profile and transparency blend space. Web is RGB for both.
    I use Print presets all the time for new documents. But I want those page sizes in RGB colour mode and blend space.
    It would be informative to the user to have the colour settings of any document or template shown and user selectable when they are setting up a new document.
    See attached pic
    CHeers,
    Jeremy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. No stupid US Letter size for UK

No stupid US Letter, tabloid & legal sizes in New document presets (for UK version of InDesign), I know we share a language but we don't want that nonsense. Can we have more sizes we use like A2, A1 etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to replace links with same name but different format

When relinking a file, ID is able to check and relink all other links in a folder. However, I regularly have to use the relink feature to replace .tif dummies with finalized .psd files. The problem is that relink includes the extension of files in the name, so a tickable option to tell ID to change extension according to the first file you click so it then relinks all files with same name but the desired extension instead would save a lot of time.

(Unrelated, but having a corner to drag the typing field when posting ideas would be nice.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Keep things in the grey area from moving

When I put objects in the grey area of the workspace or use a guidelines across a spread and then add pages before it all moves. There is a reason that i've put guidelines on a certain page and objects next to a certain page, I might need them again and I certainly don't want them to be moved all over the place whenever i add pages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Arrange Documents icon

The "Arrange Documents" icon in the Title bar is missing, I would love to have it back. It was extremely helpful. Now it wastes time to switch that from the Menu...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Custom Signature Sizes

We desperately need to be able to create custom signature sizes for 2-up Perfect Bound booklets. Right now the only options are 4, 8, 12, 16, and 32, which is extremely limiting. Adding blank pages to fill out extra signatures is a garbage work around leading to an unprofessional product.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Custom Signature Sizes

We desperately need to be able to create custom signature sizes for 2-up Perfect Bound booklets. Right now the only options are 4, 8, 12, 16, and 32, which is extremely limiting. Adding blank pages to fill out extra signatures is a garbage work around leading to an unprofessional product.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Custom Signature Sizes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base