1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple Nested Styles

Expand the nested paragraph styles to include multiple 'Next' options in one Paragraph Style. This would simplify template setups that repeat the same few Paragraph Styles throughout many pages in various combinations. Currently I create numbered copies of the Paragraph Styles to account for all the variations. It would be nice to see one Paragraph Style for each page that contained the all the Next styles rather than having dozens of repeated styles to manage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to create a shortcut for a paragraph style including "apply next style"

You can add a shortcut to each paragraph style. If you apply it to several paragraphs they will all be in this style although you may have insert a "next style" to apply.
    So it would be great to have the opportunity for 2 shortcuts:
    – the way it's used to be
    – for applying the style plus next style

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. We need feature variables

Ideas for expanding the functionality of text variables have already appeared here. It would also be interesting to create variables to describe the properties of non-text objects. For example, color, font size, size (length / width), page position, styles, etc.

The benefit of such an introduction is obvious: you do not need to create many monotonous styles that differ only in one or two common features. It would also indirectly affect the number of master spreads created.

Each property of a certain object represented by a list (for example, color) can be expanded with variables of the corresponding types (color…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please include "Convert Shape" in the Object Style Options

I'd like to quickly convert my rectangular photos into circular photos. On top of that, I want the circular photos to have a circular text wrap that works.

Currently the work-around is to change the Corner Options to create rounded corners big enough to become a circle shape, but then the text wrap (Wrap around Object Shape mode) is still wrapping around the 90 degree bounding box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to Start a new section through a paragraph style

Is it possible to add the ability to start a new section to a paragraph style so that when adding or removing text the beginning of the section is shifted to the desired page?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Is Digital Marketing a Shining Career?

Digital Marketing is one of the shining Career Building Courses that is Easiest to Do to Become Successful in Life. There are no Any Minimum Eligibility For this Course, Anyone Can Do this Without Any Eligibility So This Course is Beneficial For Everyone. Youtube Marketing, SMO, SMM are the Part of Digital Marketing. If You Want to Know More About Digital Marketing then Visit the Success Dunia Website. For More Details You Can Visit on https://www.successdunia.com/2020/03/digital-marketing-course.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Row Height and Column Width definitions in Cell Styles

It would be really helpful if you could control the width and height of cells through Cell Styles, a bit like you can with Object Styles.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Page numbering

Provide an easy application of styles to include zero as a second digit. For example, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Select All by paragraph style

I'd love to be able to select all text in the document by paragraph style. So, select all text with "Heading 1" paragraph style. And then I could copy and paste it into a different document. It would help for revising documents, so I can see the topics all together and reorder the outline of names.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Object Styles: text frame color fill and stroke options

The current problem is that applying an object style with a stroke applies to everything within a group (photo B in screenshot). I want to be able to create a style that applies a stroke to the image but not the caption text box (photo a in screenshot).

One solution might be: Text frame options within object styles having their own stroke and fill options.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Be Able To Apply Color to Text And Object Style Definitions and Sort Them By Color

I work with a large number of paragraph, character and object styles. Even though I can order them alphabetically, it's still tedious to find the right style since the panel is so small. Grouping them is another option but I find it just adds another level in the hierarchy and adds to the already crowded assortment of styles.
    It would be nice if I could assign a color to 1 or more style definitions and also be able to Sort By Color.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Suppress Running Header on Chapter first page

Add a setting to Running Header to NOT DISPLAY if current page contains <chapterTitle> style.

This permits a document to reflow, changing pagination, while always suppressing the Running Header on the first page of a chapter. In this way, many documents would retain proper chapter start formatting without having to manually go through and apply a special Master Page (and remove the previous Master Page) whenever pagination changes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Default frame size

I'd like a preference setting to preset the frame width for when you paste text into InDesign.
    By default, the text frames are 52,917 mm wide (which is 150 pt, but some of us work with mm); I'd like to set the default to a different value, say 100 mm.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Column Guides and Text Wrapping

Can Ignore Text Wrap be an option in the properties for Column Rules? As an instructional designer in a team, we often have screenshots of the UI, with a text wrap of Jump, at the top of the left column in a two column layout. Currently, that forces the column rule to begin below the image, see screenshot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Negative value for object style position

When placing a frame in the bleed area (-3mm), inDesign won't allow me to set the position of an image frame to -3mm, it has to be a positive value. Meaning I have to position image frames on the left-hand page manually, rendering the feature useless on the left hand page of each spread... If you can set the value to a negative amount in the regular coordinates palette why wouldn't this be mirrored in the styles?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Style mapping.

It would be great to be able to see a tree of styles to easily see which ones are based on which without having to open each style. Picking up a file from a messy designer and tidying up the styles can take hours without this feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Objets graphiques (comme dans After Effects)

Avoir la possibilité de créer des Objets graphiques (comme dans After Effects) pour les styles paragraphe, caractère et objet donnant la possibilité de variables, de variantes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Problem with Paragraph Borders across the page (with same paragraph style)

In the "Paragraph Borders" we need an option that allows you to determine whether or not to leave the "paragraph border" at the bottom of the page. When using the same paragraph style (to simulate a table) often the client requires that the border at the bottom (or top) of the page are not visible, to indicate continuity (as happens now in the case in which the same paragraph is divided between the two pages).

Operating system: "catalina 10.15.1".
    InDesign: version 15.0.1.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Space Before on Column Top checkbox

Currently the ‘Space Before’ value is ignored when that paragraph appears on the top of any container—frame/column.

There are innumerable occasions when we need the above space settings to be honoured even when the paragraph appears on the top of the column. We InDesigners resort to various antics and workaround like keeping an ‘Invisible Rule Above’ or use a character style with extra leading etc..

It is very easily solved by a simple checkbox in the Indents and Spacing tab just below ‘Space Before’ selection which says ‘Add Space Before on column top’. If checked, the value will always be…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base