1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. enable paragraph style groups to be added to CC libraries

Can you create the ability to group paragraph styles in CC libraries as they can in an InDesign file or template.
    The idea is to have various groups of styles that apply to different document types that we create, and be able to share these across users in the company.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Allow individuals to print or save PDF from Share For Review link

Currently you are unable to accurately print a document shared for review directly from InDesign in the cloud service. There should be a toggle to enable the option to do so from the individual sharing the file. Many people like to physically markup documents in addition to their digital comments.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Update linked text from CC Libraries without effecting styles

Please add an opinion to "Place Linked" text without effecting the style after an edit to the text. Imagine the text in the CC Libraries is the master. This master text could be placed in many documents with different styles. Let say your company has a tagline. The tagline could be a different font size in each document. This way you could keep a master product description and place it in many documents with different styles.

Thank You

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If a graphic file is added to the CC Libraries the default name should be the file name

If I add the file with the name companyX-logotype.jpg to a CC Library it gets the name "Bildmaterial1" (in German – must be something like "image1" in English).

It would be great if the given name would be "companyX-logotype.jpg" instead.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Reveal in Bridge Automatically Installs Bridge

There's a few places in InDesign where you can accidentally hit the "Reveal in Bridge" and if you don't have this installed on your computer already - it will auto-install the app from the Creative Cloud.

I don't think it should do this - it should prompt you to if you want to install this to your computer rather than forcing the download.

I also would like an option to Disable the Reveal in Bridge - as I don't use it and it's so annoying when you have to go back and uninstall apps that you never wanted installed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Relink from CC Libraries Sorting

When relinking assets in InDesign using "Relink from CC Libraries" , the CC Libraries panel that shows isn't capable of having it's sort order (date modified vs alphabetically) changed nor is able to show groups - please fix so it has the same view functionality as the regular CC Library Panel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Open cloud file indicator

When working at Creative Cloud group it would be useful to know if the document is open to another member of the group. The Up to Date symbol could indicate whether the document is open.

If the documents are open at the same time, there will be a conflict and the things done will not be in the same document.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Options dialog for Place from CC Library

Implement a possibility to choose how to import .ai items from Library. Now there is no dialog or options for this at all.
    If your item has transparency Indesign uses import setting from last imported .ai object and provides no way to choose this for the current one. So if you want to change it you have to import no-matter-which .ai from local computer -> set desired transparency background option -> import your item from library.
    This workaround is absolutely not obvious, thanks for Adobe forums it posted there (from year 2016).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adobe's Collaborate should alert user when someone else is viewing/ editing the file

InDesign Files shared with team members through Adobe's Collaborate features do not alert users when someone else is viewing/ editing a file. Instead, conflicted copies are created.

A team member opening a file someone else is viewing / editing should see an alert to avoid the creation of conflicting copies / improve collaboration.

Without this, our team is unlikely to use Adobe's Collaborate feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. TYPEKIT FONTS - same download / deletion timeframe as the apps themselves! offline usage necessary

WHY? are you tighter and stricter on tiny fonts and more flexible on big apps (i.e. 30 days offline access)?
    HOW? do i use CC apps offline and design text work without FONTS?
    if you can limit access to apps to the end of subscription, and you can limit font access by requiring being online, ergo you can design access to your components anywhere on the timeline between those 2 endpoints. it makes zero sense to be flex on offline app access, then strict and tight on offline typekit font access. cool on the larger and jerks on the smaller?…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. View multiple CC Libraries at the same time in InDesign

It would be very helpful to be able to view more than 1 CC Library panel at a time within the InDesign workspace. For instance, my company has a library for our brand elements (colors, fonts, logos, etc) and then multiple other libraries for various uses. I'd like to be able to have at least 2 open simultaneously rather than switching back and forth.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to sync text variables via Creative Cloud Libraries

Similar to another suggestion here requesting the ability to import .csv content as variables: it would also be useful to be able to insert a text variable into an InDesign document from an external source such as Creative Cloud Libraries. This would enable a simple central location for variable information (eg prices, product specs etc) that could then be used across multiple documents. Updating the central data would then update all 'linked' variables when an InDesign document is opened, removing the need to manually update and the subsequent risk of human error.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Creative Cloud Documents - File Open facility needs vital features

I think one of the most important facilities for making good use of Cloud Docs will be document management. I have been extremely frustrated by the total lack of such features in the recent Document Open interface, which just lists some very small number of recent docs, without any consideration of folders, projects, clients, or other important organizational features. The OS provides us with hierarchical folders that can do a fairly good job of organizing the dozens (sometimes hundreds) of files on a project or for a client, but without some facilities for that purpose, I can see the proliferation…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. CC Library

Allow inline placed text to be linked the way objects are. I.E., multiple formatted text objects from the library in one text frame, but individually linked beginning and end points, similar to a data merge tag.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Save CC prefs across devices

Seems pretty basic: remember my CC app prefs as soon as I login. So if I get a new computer and login, I don't accidentally download all apps in a language different to what my language setting was on the old machine.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Saved searches in CC Libraries

It would be great to be able to share searches via CC libraries, for example GREP searches in InDesign are extremely usable but not all users have the knowledge to create them. To be able to share them with your team would be very useful

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Drag text to library and create a link

When I dragndrop a text to the library-panel there is is NO link betrween the textframe and the library-item.
    I have to delet the textframe and drag´n´dop it back to the document to create a link.

Is that smart?

I wish I could drag a text to the library and create a link in one step.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Import controls for Libraries

Provide an option to control how a Library item imports into InDesign. Since Libraries created from AI are treated as PDF, they place with the Bounding Box (Visible Layers) option if the user hadn't changed the PDF Import options. There is no way to control the import into Photoshop, as Photoshop doesn't remember the last PDF import option, unlike InDesign.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. asset managers for images

Have an option to directly import from desktop to CC libraries images (jpg, etc.) to have them ready available to insert into the document. As well have an oversight of which images/graphic have been already used in the document.

This would facilitate creation of photo-books, catalogues, encyclopaedias, etc. Any sort of document where certain assets are to be used, especially when multiple similar assets are available and they have to be chosen according to the rest of the layout

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base