Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fill with Placeholder Text doesn’t automatically change the font and characters for that language when holding ⌘ and choosing that from menu

InDesign CC 2018 on macOS Mojave public Beta,
    when holding down ⌘ key and choose Type-> fill w place holder text, there’s a pop up menu that you can choose which language you want to fill in, and it did fill with placeholder text, However it didn’t fill in text with that language and choosing a font that suits that language, or even ragged left if it’s Arabian language.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reporting the issue.
    I need more inputs from you to get to the bottom of the issue.

Please confirm if the issue happens only with Mojave. Was it working fine before upgrading to Mojave?

Are CMD/opt keys working fine in other workflows?

Regards,
    Abhinav kaushik

2. Find Glyph uses character style set in the Text tab

It's not possible to set a character style in the Glyph tab of the Find/Change window. But if you set a character style in the Text tab, the Glyph tab uses that style to limit the search scope.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a new document, add a character style. (Doesn't matter what formatting you add to the character style.)
    2. Place a text frame and enter 'xx'.
    3. Apply the character style you added in step 1 to the first x.
    4. Set the character style in the Find Format field of the Text tab of the Find/Change window. …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. InDesign version 13.0.1 x64. Dynamic spelling does not show misspelled words with red underline as you type, prefs are set to that.

InDesign version 13.0.1 x64. Dynamic spelling does not show misspelled words with red underline as you type, prefs are set to that. But if you do right mouse button, or spell check, it does know the word is misspelled, offering correction suggestions. We really need to see it "dynamically" as one types; this feature is not working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The killing of hard returns in ToC

This is a new feature with version 13 ... but (I think only on WIN machines) that can not be stored with the rest of the settings. After saving and creating a table of contents, the check mark is no longer set.
    regards Frank Muenschke (IDUG Rhein/Ruhr)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need more info  ·  5 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I am Korean, but I can not write vertically. I can not rotate the left menu bar, upper menu bar, letter tab character. There is no language

I am Korean, but I can not write vertically. I can not rotate the left menu bar, upper menu bar, letter tab character. There is no language or oriental language choice. Please make sure you have made the capture
    The company had access to the same ID.
    But you should not come home.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Character missing in Adobe Devanagari font

Please review the attachment.

I am unable to locate or reproduce the character after the = using the Adobe Devanagari script. Need it urgently as I am working on a book.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need more info  ·  3 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Missing menu

I'm trying to insert a text variable (last page number) in my document but the menu doesn't appear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need more info  ·  1 comment  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Digits after spaces appear out of order

1. InDesign CC 2017.1
    I had previously used Arabic support, and this may be contributing to the problem, even after changing Preferences back to "English (North America)" the problem persists.

2. Create text box. Type any digit, then a space, then any digit.

3. Digits should appear left to right.

4. The digit after the space jumps to the left of the first digit and includes a space after. Cursoring with arrow keys through the type makes the cursor position jump around, so the misplaced digit is still reading as after sequentially, but is now to the left of the…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need more info  ·  3 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Show Asian Text Options" setting not appearing in Perferences

"Show Asian Text Options" setting not appearing in Preferences after I looked under "Type" and everywhere else - make it unable to type in Chinese with InDesign

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need more info  ·  1 comment  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base