InDesign and PDF comments: extremely slow
- Version of Adobe InDesign V 18.0
- Importing the PDF comments to indesign, some tags when selected, makes the program extremely slow, taking several minutes to release the indesign again.
- The expected result would be that it was a matter of seconds and not minutes.
- The basic ones work very well, but markings like geometric figures and annotations make the indesign very slow.
- And here's a link to a video to see how you need to switch from one appointment to another: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jzxsh7t9ci0a8y1/teste.mp4?dl=0
We have noticed extreme lag with sticky notes in the last two versions, especially when they are placed above a text frame, even just a caption where InDesign should not be having trouble trying to move them when the text reflows ... On several occasions we have had to import all comments and remove all sticky notes, and then add these corrections later by comparing with the PDF. We just had a document where 1100 other comments worked just fine after the sticky notes were removed. It would probably be even better to remove all sticky notes at once from the PDF itself before importing, but when I try, Acrobat freezes.
Stephan Möbius commented
I have this problem in Indesign 18.3 lately and also had this in the update before that. I have this PDF-comment pannel lag problem on one Windows 10 machine, slightly older, but still fast and also on one extremely fast modern PC on Windows 11. The problem persists in two different magazine projects unrelated to each other, each with around 64 pages. Please fix. I made intensive use of this super feature since it was added to indesign.
I created a test file for this problem. Just import PDF comments into indesign. There are only 6 comments, and in the last 3, you could feel the problem. Here's a link to the indesign and PDF files. The source is from adobe, the Essonnes.
One note: the file has endnotes.
Yes, there are already some versions that this has been happening. Unfortunately! :(
Alex Uzan commented
I noticed the same issue, that appeared with 17.3.