Stripped down workspace when opening document
- Using 17.1 x64 on a Windows 10 machine
- When InDesign is closed, if I double click on a file to open it, the program opens with a minimal workspace; no panels, no toolbar at the top of the screen, nothing. If I open the program first, and then open a file (either through the file menu, or by doubleclicking on the icon in File Explorer, the program opens with my correct workspace.
- Opening the program, no matter how I access it, should open with my selected workspace.
- It opens without any panels, toolbars or the option to change to a different workspace.
- I have provided a screen shot of the screen after opening a file by double-clicking, and another one with my normal workspace after opening a different file using the file menu.
Adham Elrayyes commented
I've been experiencing this issue as well for a few months now. Resetting the preferences, or even as drastic as uninstalling and reinstalling InDesign, the issue is never resolved. Searching for this issue indicated that this issue is arising every few years.