Anomalous character missing glyph in the Story editor – Serious file problems
I report a bug regarding an InDesign document of an anomalous character that is found in the "Story editor", which has already been reported in older versions of Adobe Indesign.
(OS version: BigSur 11.3.1)
(Adobe InDesign version: 16.2)
As you can see in the examples that I attach, the text presents problems and I believe it is caused (or highlighted) by the missing glyph signs in each line of the "story editor", which does not appear to exist in the text.
The problem is not solved by making the file idml.
I tried to fix it by copying the text and placing it in a new InDesign file, the result didn't change.
Then I tried to paste the text into "Microsoft Word" and after copying it again I brought it to a new InDesign file and, in that case, the problem disappears (unfortunately, however, I cannot do it with the entire text of the book because it is too complex and I'd basically have to start the job all over again). So I think the bug is only referable to certain files.
I also tried to create a new document by importing all the pages from the old one, but even this operation did not solve the problem.
In addition to this anomaly, I also noticed that clicking in some places of the text (to insert text or delete it manually) the cursor is positioned more and more to the left of where I click (for example, if I click after the last letter of the word after which I want to insert a text, the cursor is positioned between the penultimate and the last letter of that word, it is very annoying on a long job).
The same thing happened to my colleague in the department: another document caused many more problems than mine, especially on a certain page, whatever action he performed, the file often slowed down until the program was closed, it was very difficult for him to complete a job that was now in its final phase.
Finally, as described at the beginning, I point out the links of the posts where this problem has already been reported: