Bug details

Effects not working correctly

Some of the "effects" (inner glow, outer glow, basic feather, etc.) do not work as they are supposed to. For example, I cannot get the "outer glow" effect to apply only to text, it either applies itself to the whole object or it applies a very faint glow that can hardly be seen and that no amount of adjusting will fix (yes, I know that I have to choose "text" from the drop-down menu and unclick the effect for the "object"). And, just now (11/8/2018, 1:30 pm), I was trying to apply a gradient feather to just the "fill" of a text box and it did absolutely nothing. The box is still completely full of opaque color no matter what I do. Sometimes an effect will work in one area or section of my project and not in others. I like the effects, but I sure wish they worked more consistently.

4 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Amy Carey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Augustine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was having similar problems. Indesign would glitch and show oversized dropshadow on every object it was applied to. Then when I save the pdf, the shadows were gone.

• RodneyL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indesign CC 2018/17 is adding effects by itself, where there were none.

I remove then, then reopen the document later, and they are back. My example is 'outer glow' applied to a box. I have to keep deleting the effect, over and over.

It seems this effect my have been applied to the objects in the past, and CC 2018/17 remembers this, then reapplies it when the document is opened again.

Very annoying. Happens to multiple objects all over a long document.

Feedback and Knowledge Base