When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cross Reference feature - Relink selection to a different Indesign document

I need assistance to add a feature to the cross references panel. Right now you cannot batch relink cross references to a different indesign document. I need a feature added to this such as relink selected, locate different document, select and relink. Right now the only way to do this is to individually relink each cross-reference. For example if I have a book file and the glossary with 250 entries in it and I change some of the content from one document to another and move the text anchors with it, I have to individually relink each cross reference. Could…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. let users change app language dynamically, without re-installing the app.

Users can't but reinstall apps in order to change language(e.g. Korean -> English).
    I want it to be more simple.
    Mandatory reinstallation just for changing language is overkill.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back perpetual licenses!

I won't rent, but I will buy a perpetual license for Creative Suite! Please bring purchase options back so I can be a customer again!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have user Templates available on the splash screen/new document page

Creating templates greatly enhances document workflow creation. 2 things would make that even better:
    Make the templates available on the splash screen/new document dialog - possibly under the saved tab.
    Create a workflow that would allow for documents created from a template to update if the template is changed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use Keyboard arrows to go through links list

When I want to check the links in the links menu and I have klicked on one of them, I thought it could be time saving if I could just use the arrows of my keyboard to "scroll up and down" through them. Right now you have to always klick with your mouse on one of them, you can´t use the arrows to go through them.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Target cell styles in find/change

Working with long tables would be easier if find/change could be limited by cell style.

It would be even better if this find/change could include inserting text when there is nothing present in the cell.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Changing the Appearance in Properties Panel

In Properties Panel under "Appearance," there's a box with a "T" in it. Only when you click the box do "Color", Swatches" and "Gradient" appear. It would make more sense to have them on the right side of "Fill" so that they are visible.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Feature to export / import workspace settings

As a freelancer working in and out of different studios, having to set up workspaces each time could be made easier by being able to import a workspace setting (like you can with swatches).

This feature would be useful across all CS programs.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Split Columns doesn't work correctly yet

If I use the option "Split column" all the paragraphs at the bottom of the page aren't splitted, the option doesn't work correctly (1.png), except when the text boxes are closed manually (2.png), as you can see from the attached files.
    I don't understand the utility of not splitting two columns at the bottom of the page when this property is selected in the options.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add "Grid Calculator PRO" by default in Adobe Indesign CC 2020 or improve the setup of grid / baseline grid

The plugin "Grid Calculator PRO" (https://www.designersbookshop.com/grid-calculator-pro-edition.html) is perfect.

With this plugin you can configure the grid and/or the baseline grid precisely much more that with default setup of Adobe Indesign CC 2020.

It would be interesting to integrate this plugin directly in Adobe Indesign CC 2020 or modify the currently setup of the configuration of grid / baseline grid feature adding more options for this elements.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Windows File Explorer Preview

A feature that shows a preview of an .indd document in the Windows File Explorer preview pane. Other file formats such as PDF, EPS, Excel, Word, AI, etc. will show the file in the preview pane.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add conditions to Data Merge

There should be conditions in data merge to include or exclude text based on the data in a record. For example, consider a set of business cards. Some users might have a Twitter handle or mobile number, some might not. Currently there is no way to omit empty fields and any text that might go with it, like an "M" and tab to prefix a mobile number and the line break after it. There should be a way to make that text conditional on whether the field is empty or what is in it.

e.g. IF @mobile<>"",M^t@mobile^p,,)

If the mobile…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. bleed check

Missing bleed" check? Kind of like missing font or missing link, with the "Go To" function so we can easily find missing bleeds through hefty documents?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make PDF Commenting Panel consistent and better designed

1. In one place in the panel, it's called Accept. In the flyout menu, it's called "Apply Auto Edit."

2. Why did we suddenly start calling the checkbox "Resolve"? I know that's the term that Acrobat uses, but it's confusing. Especially, when it's located alongside a word called "Accept." You're making users try to figure out new nomenclature when the old words worked just fine.

3. The icons on the left of the panel are way too subtle. In Acrobat, they are color coded. Replace text is blue. Strikethrough text is red. Sticky notes are yellow. Underlines are green. Why can't we have…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Import files from Apple pages

In last time I got more and more Apple-pages-files as text-source. It would be great if you could import them without detours through other file formats.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add more bar code formats

InDesign only creates QR codes. Please add other formats such as UPC, GS1, 2D, etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please, please, please increase the overall stability of InDesign.

I’ve lost count of the number of times functionality has gone missing (ie: unable to proportionally scale using key commands and my mouse, sliding elements vertically or horizontally without changing either their “x” or “y” coordinate (respectively), etc.

I would suggest (and I am absolutely serious about this) that Adobe take 3 months off from issuing any updates to the product and have all your techs, engineers and coders work out as many functionality issues a possible to improve the stability of the product. Don’t get me wrong, it is a fabulous product (and you have no real competition except…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. auto save

where i can set up a selected time that the document saves eg every 5 minutes

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Export XMP metadata with exported JPG and PNG images

Currently, when you select a single placed image, and choose File > Export and export the selection as a JPG or PNG, any metadata that is present in the image (keywords, description, etc) does not appear in the exported image.

What I would like is that if a single image is selected to export, that InDesign would retain all the XMP metadata (or at least the keywords) applied to the image when the image is exported.

The reason this would be useful is that sometimes users will crop and scale an image in InDesign, and then want to export the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base