InDesign is having huge XML limitations, even we cannot handle below mentioned basic options:
(1) Find and Replace the XML Tags with / without Parent XML Tags
(2) Find and Replace the XML Attributes based on the selected XML Tags
(3) Converting the selected contents in InDesign into XML Comments
(4) Copy and paste the contents directly in InDesign from any XML editors without losing XML Tags and XML Attributes
(5) Show all selected XML Tags with relevant page numbers with link to locate the contents
If Adobe is start thinking on improving / breaking these requirements, will be much helpful to handle XML first workflow projects easily within InDesign.
@ALL: if you agree, please vote for this idea.
Bhupathi L commented
@Adobe: We are struggling more to handle XML related global changes in InDesign. Adobe need to consider this new feature in upcoming release.
Srinivasan, Devaraj commented
This is what we expecting too and we don't thing why Adobe is not focusing on XML side. We're very struggling to handle XML first workflow within InDesign.
Raja Elumalai commented
These are most awaited features. Hope Adobe will consider these points.